• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The OFFICIAL Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts 2010 Thread

Was looking forward to seeing all you knuckleheads again and meeting those I haven't.
HOWEVER... We are changing our April plans. Won't be going to Knotts this year.
My son is running the Boston Marathon the previous week. We decided to use our funds to go cheer him on.

Maybe next year to Knotts.
Have a good time.
J.

"Mach1Rider" said:
Does the available seat have the standard wearing a ManKini requirement? :lol

I believe a mankini gets an immediate disqualification from riding in my car... unless it's a womankini... which carries a strict weight limit requirement.
:craz

The OFFICIAL Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts 2010 Cruise INFO

***NOTE***
Photo Op is at Point Vincent (lighthouse on point)...NOT Point Vincent Park
Same as last few years. It was noted by SacBill that the park is more inland which was not our destination.
Check the Google Maps link provided.

OKay here''s the usual cruise info. That being said If someone wants to come up with a better cruise and photo-op you are welcome to it.

I and some others just plan on the meet in the mall parking lot and then got directly to the Photo-op location, Point Vincent and hang there a while until dinner time. Everyone can do as they want...its that type of weekend. :pbj

45th Annual StangFix Saturday Cruise ‘10

When: Saturday 24Apr10
Rally point: Sears Parking (Buena Park Mall) lot across from the Knott’s show entrance (LaPalma & Stanton)
Time: 14:00 / 2:00pm…. this is the time we’re leaving
Photo Op/End: Point Vincent, Ranch Palos Verde
StangFix Dinner: Belmont Brewery on 39th Place & Ocean Blvd

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=8201+On+the+Mall,+Buena+Park,+CA+90620-3211+(DSW+Shoe+Warehouse+-+Buena+Park)&daddr=CA-107+S%2FHawthorne+Blvd+to:33.857872,-118.36936+to:31549+Palos+Verdes+Dr+W,+Rancho+Palos+Verdes,+CA&geocode=FRNxBAIdkpb3-CGnx_Diu2nMQykh327S2CvdgDETPOXTvhcEwQ%3BFabEBAIdzxTy-A%3B%3BFRTlAgId0jbx-CnNfY0MHEzdgDFuAA49fwd53g&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=14&via=1,2&sll=33.848534,-118.371849&sspn=0.035856,0.077162&ie=UTF8&ll=33.820801,-118.23349&spn=0.286937,0.617294&z=11

Palos Verdes Route:
La Palma west to Beach Blvd (turn right).
Beach Blvd north to Hwy 91 West
91 Freeway West
91 freeway becomes Artesia Blvd. west of I-110, head west on Artesia (we will be on the freeway for a while)
Left on Hawthorne Blvd
Right on 190th street
Left on Pacific Coast Highway
Right on Palos Verdes Drive West
At the "Y" in the road stay right.
Take Palos Verdes Drive around the Peninsula
Palos Verdes Drive West becomes Palos Verdes Drive South

Approximately 1/2 mile you reach Point Vincent (lighthouse on point). Turn in for Photo op.
where we can all get a good picture.

The following direction takes you back to I-710 or to Belmont Brewery:

Exit park and continue South/West on Palos Verdes Drive South

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=31549+Palos+Verdes+Dr+W,+Rancho+Palos+Verdes,+CA&daddr=W+Ocean+Blvd+to:33.76659,-118.190231+to:E+Ocean+Blvd+to:11+South+Termino+Avenue,+Long+Beach,+CA+90803-2839+(Surf+Terrace)&geocode=FRTlAgId0jbx-CnNfY0MHEzdgDFuAA49fwd53g%3BFcA6AwIdwij0-A%3B%3BFTY4AwIdrsj0-A%3BFcQfAwIdfTn1-CGrOHIVEoFNmymR0iTwTTDdgDFMIt5JDZg3Bg&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=13&via=1,2,3&sll=33.788849,-118.16328&sspn=0.071761,0.154324&ie=UTF8&ll=33.749179,-118.274002&spn=0.143589,0.308647&z=12

At the intersection of Western Ave and Palos Verdes Drive South -- Palos Verdes Drive South becomes 25th street.
From 25th St., turn left onto Western (generous 2-lane left turn).
At 9th St., look up the hill and wave at Steve Grant’s house (4th house on left).
Turn right at 1st St.
Turn left at Gaffey (2-lane left turn, generous light) to I-110/47 Vincent Thomas Bridge on ramp.
Head onto the Hwy 47 over Vincent Thomas Bridge.
Hwy 47 becomes N Seaside Drive which then becomes W Ocean Blvd.

Option:
Over bridge take I-710 north
Exit W.Anaheim….east
Stay on W.Anaheim/E.Anaheim to Redondo Ave. Turn Right, south
Take Redondo to Ocean Blvd, turn left, east
Take split near restaurant as noted below

Keep on Ocean Blvd and head east.

Notice that just after Ocean Blvd and 37th Place Ocean Blvd will split. To the right is Ocean Blvd (which is the fork you should take) and the main road veers left to become E Livingston. Take the right fork of Ocean Blvd to Termino Ave and turn right. Drive to the end of the street into the beach parking lot. Park and pay or you will be ticketed. Belmont Brewery on 39th Place & Ocean Blvd. (25 39th Place, Long Beach, 562-433-3891) is at the opposite end of the parking lot (up the stairs).The StangFix dinner is there, enjoy.

To return to Knott’s either continue south on Ocean Blvd to Beach or take Ocean back north to I-710 north to Hwy 91 east to Beach.

Please study a map before you go.
We’ll try to stay together but will not stop to bunch back up. If you’re far ahead slow down, if you fall behind, speed up. All tickets received are no doubt earned so be careful.
Photo op will be at Point Vincent.

Just took the car for a ride the last few days. Looks like I gots me some work to do before the show. Even though the car's not officially entered this year, when it stalls at stoplights you know it's time to finally crack the hood. :)

Getting excited to see everyone again!

OK, guys just a reminder I have to pay the Hotel on the April 1, 2010. So if you haven't paid me, please do between now and then. If you are going to mail a check the mail time is about three days from NorCal and SoCal to me in Southern Utah.

Thanks,

Mel

Sat Cruise INFO change

PLease note the change/update to the Sat cruise info post a few replies above.

I just remembered you guys had migrated over here (I had wondered for weeks where the posts were on brand x's forum).

I'm in for Sun night and have my check submitted (haven't gotten my hang tag yet).

Steve

Been lurking here for a while, going to be joining you at the Marriott for the weekend. Mel sent me over here to see what was going on. Bill, if you need names for a headcount for the Sunday evening dinner, put me on the list for 2, we'll be staying in the area Sunday night and would like to join in.
We're going to be coming down meeting up with the NorCal group, planning on joining around Bakersfield. We're driving a 2010 Mustang, the '66 is far from ready for a trip.
Leon

I still have a couple people who have not paid for the rooms. Please pay since I will be paying the hotel next week and anyone that hasn't paid or made arrangements, I will have to cancel.

Thanks,

Mel

Got you Frank....I didn't know you were a Whittle though....My real good friend in Brawley is a Whittle.

Mel

Hmmm...could be a relation. My dad had some brothers that lived in SoCal. I haven't seen anyone from my dad's side for over 3 decades.

Frank

Back