• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The OFFICIAL Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts 2010 Thread

"garner67" said:
I asked the Mrs, but as usual, she wants nothing to do with a weekend of car stuff. Looks like I'll be a bachelor all weekend!

As it stands right now, Tracey will not be joining me, which will be the first Knott's show she's missed since I started attending 7 or 8 years ago.

I'll still be there, to provide the jokes.

"guruatbol" said:
I think those rates with breakfast is great! Their breakfast is a darn good one too. IIRC it is bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, hot and cold cereal, fruit, beverages both hot and cold and is a buffet too. Guys that were there last year chime in here. I am told the breakfast alone is normally $15.00 per person and you get two with each room.

Included into the same rate we paid last year, the breakfast would be worth it. For $15, though, I remember it to be a complete rip off, and not worth it by any stretch of the imagination. We only ate there once, the year before last and made the determination that it wasn't even close to worth the money. Maybe they've improved it since then?

Did it change, John? IIRC there was all you can eat eggsm bacon, potatos, strawberries, melon and toast, bagels, hot cereal and cold cereal.

I actually thought it was pretty good.

Um, with it included in the price, I think you can't go wrong. But then I eat Hotel/Motel breakfast all the time and believe me, this one is head and shoulders above the rest.

Because there are different tastes, I included the option to get a lower rate without it.

I'm not trying to bust anyone in the chops, just my recall....

Oh, John, too bad about Tracy, Amber will be disappointed.

Mel

"johnpro" said:
As it stands right now, Tracey will not be joining me, which will be the first Knott's show she's missed since I started attending 7 or 8 years ago.

I'll still be there, to provide the jokes.

1 less woman to hug. Now that pisses me off.

OK, just a note here. You can arrange your rooms on your own if you wish. The rooms I offer are at my cost, so if you can get them cheaper, please tell us all! I do this as a service to you guys, because I can! I like you guys, and want to see as many as possible attend and I don't want cost to be the issue. I will need to get a total number of rooms to them in the next month or so or they will sell out.

You don't have to pay me right now, but you certainly need to pay me by May 1, 2010. You can pay via the website listed above with your CC or send me a check. The address is on the website.

Thanks guys,

Mel

I checked hotel rates on hotels.com, and the rate for the Knotts hotel is $76 per night. The customer ratings are a bit lower and it's only $3 less than Mel's deal. Does anyone have any compelling reason why the Knotts hotel may be better than the Marriott? If not, I'll go ahead and book with Mel.

Frank

"JeffTepper" said:
Mike:

Just to clarify for your wife, the weekend is mostly about eating, drinking, listening to Johnpro tell jokes and hanging out till the bar closes, sightseeing, and, oh yeah..............................a car show!! Many of the wives, girl friends, etc. attend and seem to have a good time laughing at us. A couple of years back, my wife was too busy to join me in the drive down on Friday so she flew down after work Friday evening and I picked her up at the airport. Seemed to work out just fine. Essentially, the weekend is what you make of it!!

I hear ya. I've tried to explain the same thing, but she really doesn't want to participate in my car-related ventures. Her loss.

On the bright side, it gives me a free pass card when she comes up with something I want to ditch!

Frank you have to pay for parking over there. After staying at both places, I have to say the customer service wasn't as good and the rooms are not as comfy. I found the beds to be nasty. But that may have changed in the four or so years since I have stayed there.

It is nice on show day to be there, but I don't like to have to pay to park there.

Those are the only issues I am aware of.

Mel

+1 on Mel's Knotts Hotel analysis. We just go there for the bar and the BBQ on Sunday night, now.

"guruatbol" said:
Frank you have to pay for parking over there. After staying at both places, I have to say the customer service wasn't as good and the rooms are not as comfy. I found the beds to be nasty. But that may have changed in the four or so years since I have stayed there.

It is nice on show day to be there, but I don't like to have to pay to park there.

Those are the only issues I am aware of.

Mel

Internet = free at Mariott
Internet is yet another charge at the Knott's Hotel, and it's slower than molasses.

I'll put you on the spread sheet for all three, but let me know.

Amber was way bummed about Tracy not going.

How would you guys like to come down to SLO on April 10th, there will be a wedding reception for my oldest there and then. That way Amber would be able to talk to Tracy.

Mel

2010 67th Annual StangFix Knotts Agenda

2010 58th Annual StangFix Knotts Agenda:

63rd Annual StangFix Knotts Weekend:

Knotts StangFix agenda (Apr 23rd – Apr 26th): Friday night: drinks & dinner, Saturday: Cruise, Satuday night: Dinner, Sunday: Knotts SHOW, Sunday night: ‘Those who stayed over Dinner’, Monday: Cruise home.

Okay here’s the SF agenda for the 2010 Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts week-end.
We will be congratulating David67 and Jennifer (new SWMBO) on their prior month wedding at the StangFix Saturday Dinner. Sunday ‘Those who stayed over Dinner’ is being coordinated by Bill Fuller (SacBill).

Friday morning cruise in for those from NorCal (Apr23rd):
Rallying point is the Rest Area (first one south of Hwy 152 Los Banos) southbound side I-5 at 8am sharp. The NorCal group will be heading south in order to get to LaLaLand before the afternoon traffic. Same gas stop at Kettleman City, (exit Hwy 41 east) next to In-N-Out Burger and gas/lunch stop at the bottom of the Grapevine (exit Wheeler Ridge Rd/ Lavall Rd, right on Dennis McCarthy Dr) rally at the large US Flagpole on left before we leave there.

Mel (Guratbol, AA&M Custom Tours) has made a deal with Marriott Courtyard, 7621 Beach Boulevard Buena Park, California 90620, Contact Mel directly for details and reservations. This is where most of us from NorCal end up staying. The OFFICIAL Fabulous Fords Thread

Friday night: Casual get-together, drinks, dinner, talk
Where: Outback Steakhouse (7575 Beach about ½ mile north of Knotts)
Time: approximately 6pm (beat the Friday night rush)
No names being taken. Mel (Guruatbol) has us reserved for the patio.

Saturday afternoon cruise (Apr24th):
Where: Sears parking lot across street from Knotts show lot (LaPalma and Stanton)
Time: 1:30pm meet. Cruise rolls at 02:00pm sharp.
Cruise will be the same as last year. Unless someone wants to map out a new one.
I will post the directions at a later date. Please map it out yourself prior to getting there. No maps provided.
The SF Cruise involves a pic opportunity at Point Vincent Park, Ranch Palos Verde. The cruise will end there except for those continuing on to the SF Dinner at Belmont Brewing Company, Long Beach.

Saturday SF Dinner:
Where: Belmont Brewing Company #25 - 39th Place, Long Beach
Same as last year
When: 5:30pm
Parking: Beach parking available…it’s a Pay lot WITH meter cops
Dinner: dinner, soda, coffee, tea, full cash bar
Dinner choices will be:
Artichoke Ravioli
Blackened Salmon
Flat Iron Steak
Lobster Pasta
Cost: $33.00 (includes tax & tip), but to avoid paying for ‘no-shows’, I will be taking monies up-front (no refunds for no-shows). There is a max seating for our party of 30 and since David and myself account for 4 that leaves 26 seats available. Please realize that this requires that we take RSVPs by payment only so get your checks in.
Contact me, Mike ‘KBMWRS’ for any questions: michael.gullery@lmco.com

PLEASE:
Send your check (payable to Michael Gullery to 16750 Feliz Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037) noting your name, StangFix name, number attending and check. There will be no refunds (unless there is an available person to take your place). This is to avoid contract money problems. We need an accurate headcount so please only respond if you are definitely coming to the dinner.
I’ll say right now…I’m sorry if the list fills up before you get your RSVP in but it is a public restaurant and other seating is available, although its usually busy on Saturday nights.

Also at the dinner we will be trading the usual Mustang related items. Bring something Mustang related. I will take it give you a ticket and prior to dinner I will be calling tickets and trading items people have brought. Make it interesting folks…..like the perpetual fruitcake gift. The Tracy lawn chair, cracked steering wheel, roller perches you know you will never use…something that you know others will enjoy, laugh at or possibly even use.

Sunday Noon Knotts StangFix pic:
Where: meet in the center grass area near announcer (look for a large group in a daze).
Time: 12:00pm, noon

Sunday: ‘Those who stayed over Dinner’
Where: Knotts Hotel (all-u-can-eat)
When: 6:00pm

That’s about it. It should be a great week-end as usual. See you all there.

KBMWRS
Mike Gullery

OK, Just so that everyone is aware, I have signed a contract with the Marriott and have committed to a certain number of rooms. If we don't fill them there is a percentage they will "Forgive" and above that are billed to me. Also if we totally cancel, they bill me for $1800 plus.

OK, that being said, this has been done every year that I have set this up whether or not you paid direct of paid through me. This is the first year I have taken payment and then paid the hotel. For the last, I don't know, four years they have accepted payment direct from you, this year we have done it differently.

I say all this just as an FYI! There is no problem at all. The big reason behind this post is to let you guys know why I want to get the people who want to go listed. Besides this hotel books up fast and if I don't have enough rooms reserved, we could have a problem. I had her save the same number of rooms as last year, but many of you did not tell them you were with VMF, so she didn't have correct number of rooms. Therefore, I am pushing for a Yea or Ney, so when the late model guys who usually book this place up, will not beat us to the rooms.

I hope this wasn't long and drawn out and I don't mean to make you guys nervous, I just want you to understand why I am pushing so hard to get a number for the Hotel. If you are not sure about meals, it doesn't matter, you can decide you want it later, up to the Thursday before. I can let them know via a phone call and they will put a coupon in with yor key and charge you when you get there.

Thanks for listening.

Mel

Re: 2010 67th Annual StangFix Knotts Agenda

"KBMWRS" said:
2010 58th Annual StangFix Knotts Agenda:

63rd Annual StangFix Knotts Weekend:
[blah blah blah]

Sunday: ‘Those who stayed over Dinner’
Where: Knotts Hotel (all-u-can-eat)
When: 6:00pm

[blah blah blah]

I just procured the Sunday night dinner location. It's the All you can eat BBQ at the Amber Waves Restaurant in the Knotts Hotel. Cost is $16.95 per person. You can also order off the menu if you care to. Time is 6pm 'til whenever. Map here.

Please send me a PM with the number in your party so I can keep a headcount. We usually have 20-30 people there. :vic

CURRENT RSVP/HEAD COUNT (as of 4/12/10):
TOTAL: 8
SacBill (1)
Crustycurmudgeon (1)
KBMWRS (2)
Glenn Morgan (2)
opentracker (1)
camachinist (1)

Back