• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The OFFICIAL Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts 2010 Thread

Sacbill

Hard Swinger
The good the bad the ugly. It will be the best of the times, it will be the worst of times.

Call me Ishmael.

The classic event. The 25th annual. It's the big get-together on the Left Coast for all things Mustang and Ford. The usual schedule:
* Friday, 4/23: Caravan from points north / south / East....dinner at Outback
* Saturday, 4/24: Cruise throughout the PCH area / Long Beach...dinner
* Sunday, 4/25: FFF..."We couldn't go home yet" dinner
* Monday, 4/26: Caravan away from the spot.

Registration forms NOW AVAILABLE at: www.fabulousfordsforever.org

More details to come....

Bill

AWESOME!
We're planning to go.
Already have our hotel reservations.
But we might go by way of Stockton, CA and hit the Mustangs Plus show on Saturday before Knotts.
J.

Thanks, Bill.

Monday I'll call the Marriot to see what kind of deal my tour company can get. I'll play dumb about the show. I'll tell them it is for one of my CA tours. Hehehehe

We'll see what they want to do for me. I'll post the rates they give me. Are you guys interested in getting the breakfast there too?

Mel

Mel, is the Marriott the one that we've stayed at the last couple of years? I don't want to get any further from Knott's Berry Farm than that, as Tracey usually goes back to the motel room about halfway through the show. I've been very happy with the place we've stayed at for the last couple of years. The location is great, rates are reasonable, service is good, and they don't charge for things like parking and internet.

Yep, that is the place.

I may look into the Knott's hotel too, See if I can get the parking and internet included. I only want to check for a comparison.

We will likely end up in the Marriott.

I just want to pit them against each other....I am registered with Marriott as a vender, so let's see what they do. I am telling them it is one of my California getaway tours, I am shooting for 20-25 rooms.

Mel

OK, here is the awesome news for Knotts. I had to set it up for you all to pay my company and then I take care of Marriott. I haven't checked the Internet yet, but she tells me that I am getting a better rate.

Last year we got $99 per room and no meals. Not a bad rate but we didn't have too many people and many people didn't tell them they were with VMF.

Now this year you just go to the web site that I will set up and make your reservation via my company A&M Custom Tours, LLC and we provide them money and a rooming list 30 days prior and when you get there they give you your keys and coupons for Breakfast. Yes that is right there is an option to get it with breakfast. Now I will post this on VMF as well so both sites can join it.

OK, now for the rates! Drum role please.....

Standard room is one Kind and a full size pull out sofa with breakfast for two - $89.00 plus taxes which is a total of $99.76

Double room is two Queen beds with breakfast for two - $99.00 plus taxes which is a total of $110.96

Standard room is one Kind and a full size pull out sofa with NO breakfast for two - $79.00 plus taxes which is a total of $88.56

Double room is two Queen beds with NO breakfast for two - $89.00 plus taxes which is a total of $99.76

I think those rates with breakfast is great! Their breakfast is a darn good one too. IIRC it is bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, hot and cold cereal, fruit, beverages both hot and cold and is a buffet too. Guys that were there last year chime in here. I am told the breakfast alone is normally $15.00 per person and you get two with each room. They did it for us this year because I was willing to run it through my company.

So if I could get a tentative head count, that would be good. I will have a Knott's web page up by the end of the week so you all can reserve and pay. I will have a Paypal button there for each option, it is the easiest way for now. If you want to send me a check, I will have an address there too.

If you book now and send money, you can cancel up to 30 days in advance with a full refund. If it is closer to the date, I will refund what the hotel refunds. Most of the time it is a full refund. I am doing this for my cost as a freebie to the Fix and VMF, so I doubt you will get a better rate for this hotel.

I am going to cal outback next, so what time on Friday?

Mel

OK, here we go. I am waiting to get in touch with Outback, they don't open until 4PM PST, so I can't call until 5PM MST.

I put up a web site for you all to pay. You can use your debit/credit card or send me a check. There are instructions on the site.

Make sure you tell me in email what you are paying for, nights and type of room, this way I can track the money. since I am doing it at cost, I am trying to keep it simple!

If you have questions PM me and leave your number and a good time to call and I will gladly call you back and explain it to you.

http://www.thehewitt.net/guru/fff

Mel

Mel...count me in for a King, Non-smoking, with breakfast...Fri,Sat, Sun nights

Outback reservations I usually make for 6pm.....ask for the patio set-up for about 20. You may mention that we have been there for the past 6 years and it works well. Not sure if they may know my name since they change managers yearly it seems.

Oh and Mel you better make sure of the sates before you finalize everything.

Toni and I always stay at the Hampton Inn, on Orangethorpe..close to everything, good room rates, wireless, free parking, and free breakfast....

I can't change your mind?

Great rooms, free parking, free internet and a full breakfast buffet in the price.

It is a bit closer and we will all be there...Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseee Uncie? Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseee!!!!!

Mel

Ok, I'm in this year. After spending the last 4 years restoring my Mustang, I'm finally going to make it to my first Knotts show.

I asked the Mrs, but as usual, she wants nothing to do with a weekend of car stuff. Looks like I'll be a bachelor all weekend!

"guruatbol" said:
I can't change your mind?

Great rooms, free parking, free internet and a full breakfast buffet in the price.

It is a bit closer and we will all be there...Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseee Uncie? Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseee!!!!!

Mel

Nice of you to offer, but Toni and I have alot of Hilton miles and can stay at the Hampton for free..not to worry, we are just a half mile from everyone else and will be there when the party starts.

Well, I forgot about the credit card discount rate. If you have already paid me, don't worry about it. I will be reworking the website to reflect the 2.9 % plus .24 per transaction price. If you want to save that amount, I would suggest sending me a check or money order. I will cash the check when you tell me to. If you want it dealt with quick like I do, then I will, if you want me to hold it I will do that too. Rounded up it is about $3.00 a night. Still a good deal for the rooms.

I guess this is what happens when you are the accountant as well as everything else. No second set of eyes to double check it.

Thanks for your patients, guys.

Mel

PS. New site is up and when you check out the credit card fees will be added as .24 shipping and 2.9% tax. That is the only way I could get it to work. MH

Well, I called outback and spoke to Joe the owner. He has us down for Friday. I will need a head count 30 days before. He offered to comp the meal for the bus driver and I asked him to do the bloomin onions. He is giving us 5 bloomin onions.

I thought that was pretty cool!

Mel

"garner67" said:
Ok, I'm in this year. After spending the last 4 years restoring my Mustang, I'm finally going to make it to my first Knotts show.

I asked the Mrs, but as usual, she wants nothing to do with a weekend of car stuff. Looks like I'll be a bachelor all weekend!

Mike:

Just to clarify for your wife, the weekend is mostly about eating, drinking, listening to Johnpro tell jokes and hanging out till the bar closes, sightseeing, and, oh yeah..............................a car show!! Many of the wives, girl friends, etc. attend and seem to have a good time laughing at us. A couple of years back, my wife was too busy to join me in the drive down on Friday so she flew down after work Friday evening and I picked her up at the airport. Seemed to work out just fine. Essentially, the weekend is what you make of it!!

+1 on what Jeff said. It seems that many of the ladies have become good acquaintances and do enjoy spending their time talking about:

1. things we guys probably have a large ignorance of, and

2. how silly we are for the things we're interested in.

:lol

Back