• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The OFFICIAL Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts 2010 Thread

I had a driveshaft with a small imbalance on a t bucket that caused a lot of vibration at higher speeds. It doesn't take much to feel it. Sounds like that is probably the problem.

Well if being unbalanced is going to be a problem then Craig will never get his car on the road. :lol :lol

OK, Outback is set! 6PM for 20 people Friday. You'll be seated on the patio. You guys will get a free bloomin onion, enjoy it!

I wish I could be there. I will watch everything on the forum though.

Mel

OK, so earlier today I spoke with the manager of Outback. He was excited to have us. He didn't realize that we have been going there for some six years now. So he asked me if you all would be ordering dinner, I said yes, then he asked if you guys were ordering drinks, I said yes, though not as many since John will not be there. He was so excited he said he would comp five (5) bloomin' onions.

You guys enjoy and if there are any issues feel free to call me.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
OK, so earlier today I spoke with the manager of Outback. He was excited to have us. He didn't realize that we have been going there for some six years now. So he asked me if you all would be ordering dinner, I said yes, then he asked if you guys were ordering drinks, I said yes, though not as many since John will not be there. He was so excited he said he would comp five (5) bloomin' onions.

You guys enjoy and if there are any issues feel free to call me.

Mel

Are you F'n with me now? I make this show 8 years running. I start the Outback tradition, and the first time in 9 years that I can't go, we get comps out the Outback??? It's a conspiracy, I tell you. It's a conspiracy!

Here's a pic of the very first Outback adventure:
zcruise2.jpg

Here's the reason the Outback tradition started ... that's my daughter's '69 300 miles from home that just got hit by a big rig right in front of me.

wreck3.jpg

I remember that wreck, John. This will be my third missed. Darn it! I kind of did the tour company thing. I told him when I made the reservation that my company was bringing in 20 people all ordering food and drinks, the least he could do is to comp something. He told me months ago he would comp one bloomin onion. Yesterday I think the reality hit him. He offered five of them.

Amber and I got comped some alcoholic beverages, because we didn't know they were going to bring people that don't drink alcohol that type of beverage. Well, they gave them to us for the same price as the virgin drinks.

This particular place is difficult to get anything out of. I guess with the economy being the way it is and the fact he wants to talk you guys into more meals during the weekend, he figured he would give something out. I wonder if there is another place owned by the same people in LB for Sat dinner?

John, there is next year! I am sure I can get at least the same thing.

Mel

Well its great that we'll be getting some good healthy appetizers while we're waiting on our heart food (steaks). :ecit

Mike its great to see you fixed your imbalance. Does this mean you don't have to wear the special helmet and take the short bus to Knotts?

See you on Friday. Mel, John....what can I say? We'll miss ya. :shy

SF Knotts dinner Sold -Out

With the help of a few late attendees we're all booked up for the Saturday dinner.
Mike

Saturday Dinner gift exhcnage reminder

OKay I know its difficult to find old parts to swap but try to find something you can exchange at the dinner. Whether it be used, useless, useful, new, or a Mankini, box it up and trade it in.

Re: Saturday Dinner gift exhcnage reminder

"KBMWRS" said:
OKay I know its difficult to find old parts to swap but try to find something you can exchange at the dinner. Whether it be used, useless, useful, new, or a Mankini, box it up and trade it in.

Does that mean I need to remove it in order to box it up?

Re: Saturday Dinner gift exhcnage reminder

"cmayna" said:
Does that mean I need to remove it in order to box it up?

What if you put on a bow and jump into the XL gift box wearing the mankini. OH YEAH! :scar

Regarding the cruise on Sat to Rancho Palos Verdes. I might at the last minute opt, like Mike and I have done before, to simply go 91 west to 710 south until it ends and then find our way over to west 25th st which becomes Palos verdes drive. Probably as long as a drive as the cruise but less congestion.

"KBMWRS" said:

Damn, good thing you posted this reminder. I didn't remember even reading about a parts/gift exchange for the Saturday dinner!

Are there any other details I need to be reminded of?

Yeah, bring enough moola to keep me snockered at the bar.

Time to gather some ungodly Mustang parts for the dinner.

"garner67" said:
Damn, good thing you posted this reminder. I didn't remember even reading about a parts/gift exchange for the Saturday dinner!
Are there any other details I need to be reminded of?

Just not too big and make sure its cleaned.

Back