• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Colour time....

The vert will be at berret jackson sat around 3:00 tv star car so just buy it just think of the time you will save not having to cut your roof off :ecit

"Johnny M" said:
Any pics?

Sure do :)

IMG_2994.jpg

At the minute my possibles/maybes are (in no particular order)

Pepper Grey with black stripes
Black with no stripes
Black with Grey/Silver/Ghost stripes
Blue with Silver/white stripe
Silver with Black/blue stripe

I'll think its time to do a poll..

for Red colors I'd say late model Ford Redfire like used on the 03-04 Cobras

for blue.....well I'm partial to Ford True Blue !

684.jpg

before paint....( I need new pics badly)
68Efront1.jpg

You'll find your color. It took me a couple of months to get the right color for my car. I thought I had settled on Salsa Red, a Mopar color that was used on Dodge Neons and Dakota pipckups. Yet, one day I was driving home from work and 'saw it'. A 2000 Range rover Discovery flew by me on the way home and I immediately stopped at the local Range Rover Dealership. There is was, 'Kinversand'.....

Attachments

• OTSteve.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 135
I have decided on Black with Silver SS stripes.....

I just need to decide on what black and what silver to run with.

Suggestions?????

"Johnny M" said:
I have decided on Black with Silver SS stripes.....

I just need to decide on what black and what silver to run with.

Suggestions?????

Picking the main body color is only half the battle. Stripe color can totally change the look of the car. Bright silver, dark silver, or even a "ghost" stripe... different looks.

Painting Stripes

Question for you guys.

How have you or your bodyshop gone about painting the stripes on your cars?

Paint them first, mask then spray the rest of the car? Or do it the other way around? I am painting my car Non Metallic Straight black and silver metalic strips.

Then how do you avoid overspray when spraying over the cowl vents?

Johnny boy, I lay down my stripes first, it is less masking to cover up the stripes than the whole car. Make sure every individual louver on the cowl is taped up or the over spray will come up on your painted stripe.

Thanks Rich.

I think that is the way the guys are going to approach mine.

Now I just need to decide on my stripe dimensions. Whether I go with the original Supersnake 3",2",10,2",3" or the more UP style of 3",1",11",1",3"

Johnny, we have our own measurements, which IMO look a lot nicer than the other two. If you were to say PRETTY PLEASE I might e-mail them to you LOL,

Rich, I was thinking that...The original ones look too fat and the UP ones look to small....

Please Please and I'll be your best friend.

Back