• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Calling all NorCal Stangfix'ers Engine/Trans removal GTG

"KBMWRS" said:
May day it is!!!

So what happens at 10:30 when we're finished? :ecit :lol

Steak tacos, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and salsa.
Hot links with bun, ketchup, mayo, and mustard.

Chips, Soda, Juice and we get to hang or terrorize Union City. LoL

We can also just take Fred completely apart. :scar

"Bite Me" said:
I will show up to give you all attaboys :WOP

Right on, just please leave the Mankini at home, or shall I setup the mudfilled Octagon. Yuck! Oh that's right, I almost forgot, maybe the Hooters girls can make good use of it. "Old School" style. WuWHoo

"johnpro" said:
I should be totally bald by then. I will probably be big on advice, and little on action by then, as I'll be getting ready for my 3rd chemo session.

It should go quickly and easily, though.

Glad to hear that its going to work out that you can make it out here John.

"KBMWRS" said:
Join the club....I'm not just a member, I'm the ....well I am just a member. :lol
Look at it this way John, at least you know your hair is going to be growing back. :beat
Sorry Mike.

Advice always comes in handy, whether good or bad. Bad advice is always so much more exciting, but good advice really helps out sometimes, its all part of the adventure. Look forward to seeing you on the 1st.

"abrahamfh" said:
Steak tacos, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and salsa.
Hot links with bun, ketchup, mayo, and mustard.

Chips, Soda, Juice and we get to hang or terrorize Union City. LoL

We can also just take Fred completely apart. :scar

Damn...steak tacos? I'm coming!

Abe,
Saturday the first sounds good. Be sure to have some bolts set aside to bolt the old motor to whatever you are going to attach it to, (stand, cradle, etc). Are we going to pull the motor and tranny together?

You should start to make a list of who is bringing what regarding tools and then send a PM the night before to each reminding them what you need. Besides the leveler did you need my tranny butt plugs ? :amaz or are you going to use plastic bags and zip ties?

I assume that before the big day, you will be working on disconnecting everything such as electrical, driveline, up in smoke bong-o-puffer, etc?

Well, todays engine/trans pull went very very well. A huge thanks to Craig, Frank, Jeff, John and Mike for lending me a hand, tools and knowledge. Hope you all had a good time.

Until the next time.

"abrahamfh" said:
Well, todays engine/trans pull went very very well. A huge thanks to Craig, Frank, Jeff, John and Mike for lending me a hand, tools and knowledge. Hope you all had a good time.

Until the next time.

Thank you, for all the food, drink, and hospitality. It's always fun working on someone else's car and not even having to get on the ground!

It did go very well. You were extremely well prepared, from what I saw!

:pbj :pbj

Thanks again for making the trip John, it was really nice to have everyone together, glad the food was good.

Here are some pics from the event.

Mike, Jeff and myself trying to figure out the best point of attack

IMG_2864.jpg

PHOTO CAPTION TIME

IMG_2865.jpg

Craig was extremely nice enough to meet Fred's road grime, once emerged Mike helped him out picking it off

IMG_2867.jpg

Its out its out. Whooray

IMG_2870.jpg

John, Mankini wearing waldopro and Jeff

IMG_2872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Abraham, I'm really sorry I couldn't have come out and help. And it looks like it was a lot of fun.
Stan

Why is there a janitor in his overalls working on your car?

Jeff...that shirt.....really?
:lol

Hey, I wore my CF8 shirt--didn't want to greasy up a good shirt.

Thanks to Abe and his dad for preparing the food. I'm really glad John was able to come out for the afternoon.

Frank

Back