• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Calling all NorCal Stangfix'ers Engine/Trans removal GTG

here on the west coast we have lots of food, Drink and Hooter's girls we don't like to rush these things :lol

I dont know about the Hooter's girls but there will be plenty of food, and drink. :lol :lol

I can be there that weekend. At least we don't have to worry about scratching any good paint. :ecit

Get some PB Blaster and hit all the attaching hardware a few days beforehand.

Frank

"abrahamfh" said:
I dont know about the Hooter's girls but there will be plenty of food, and drink. :lol :lol

Got to have the Hooter's girls to combat man in Mankini :dh

Road Trip! We need someone from Washougal to join up, then we can have each city covered.
(I miss fishing and mountain biking at Lacamas Lake)

The Hooters girls know there is no competing against the Mankini.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
I can be there that weekend. At least we don't have to worry about scratching any good paint. :ecit

Get some PB Blaster and hit all the attaching hardware a few days beforehand.

Frank

Very cool, glad you can make it Frank. I couldn't stop laughing when I read the no worries about scratching the paint. LoL So freakin true, Fred likes it rough as it is. Good advice in regards to the PB Blaster, I will do some research as to what needs to be drenched.

Okay everyone, it looks like its pretty much a tie between the 1st and the 2nd. Due to some folks possibly attending church and what not on Sunday, Saturday the 1st of May most likely will be getting the greenlight.

I apologize ahead of time for those that possibly might not be available for the GTg on May 1st

Option 1: We can do it early in the morning, we can have Bagels, Doughnuts, Cafe, Juices and other breakfast snacks.

Option 2: We can do it later in the morning and I can pick up some Carne Asada to cook on the grill, Coronas, Juices, Sodas and more lunch BBQ type of stuff.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sorry this is a little late, I posted it over in the general mustang discussion area but never updated the actual event thread.

The date has been officially set, May 1st is the big day. Which is great, because my birthday is the 8th and it will feel great to see some visual progress. The time of the attack will be publicly announced shortly and the plotting against Fred will be followed through.

I included a google maps satellite image of my neighborhood and there should be parking along the side of the house for about 7-8 cars. The little streets within the townhouses are very lightly commuted on and the cars will be safe, the next best place to park would be across the street on Alvarado Blvd but there is a lot more vehicle traffic, not bad, but more than there will be within the townhouses for sure.

Yellow=House
Green=Parking

Jeff has been kind enough to let me borrow his engine hoist.

Craig generously volunteered his engine leveler which will come in handy.

John has graciously chipped in bringing his engine block plate.

If any of the following needs to be changed, please let me know, circumstances change and that is understood. Thanks in advance everyone for all of your help.

Good morning to all,
I was thinking that a 10:00am start time on May 1st would be a good time so no one has to wake up too early, it is a Saturday after all. I will have some coffee, juices and some danish type pastries if anyone would like any before we get started. I figured 10:00am would give everyone an opportunity to wake up calmly and hit the road. I hope everyone is doing well, and looking forward to seing everyone.
Abe

"KBMWRS" said:
So what happens at 10:30 when we're finished? :ecit :lol

You take over the title of Drunkfest Coordinator and begin the alcohol poisoning phase of the day.

I should be totally bald by then. I will probably be big on advice, and little on action by then, as I'll be getting ready for my 3rd chemo session.

It should go quickly and easily, though.

Back