• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modified 1968 Coupe

Saturday we went to the Mustang Club of Tampa's 30th annual car show. When we left the shop at 6:30 it was raining and finally stopped around 10:30. At first it looked like we would have a bad turn out but I was surprised when the weather cleared the cars kept rolling in.

292.jpg

294.jpg

I plan on using the stock grille and chrome trim so I modified the stone guard than bonded it to the Maier front end.

301.jpg

302.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"GPR" said:
I plan on using the stock grille and chrome trim so I modified the stone guard than bonded it to the Maier front end.

301.jpg

302.jpg

What happen to the plan for the E nose?
Bill

The E nose will require more work getting it to look right with the stock headlight buckets and grille. Also the front of the fenders would have to be cut and the shape of the flares don't match.

"GPR" said:
The E nose will require more work getting it to look right with the stock headlight buckets and grille. Also the front of the fenders would have to be cut and the shape of the flares don't match.
Wanna send it to me to play with :roll
Bill

It is hard to tell in this picture but the nose is to wide at the top so I cut off both sides

303.jpg

307.jpg

308.jpg

Another problem is the bottom brackets hung down over an 1" from the frame rail so I cut them off and bolted them to the frame

309.jpg

310.jpg

Next I used fiberglass mat and resin to reattach. When this sets up I will take it off and add more to the other side.

311.jpg

312.jpg

Making new fiberglass ends for the front end.

314.jpg

I taped a piece of aluminum on there for a pattern than added two pieces of fiberglass mat

316.jpg

The next day I carefully removed the aluminum

317.jpg

I added more material to the back side than sanded a little and this is the first test fit. It's getting closer to what I want. I still need to reshape the spoiler.

320.jpg

321.jpg

I spent today adding fiberglass to the ends of the front end so it will mount to the holes in the fender where the stock valance bolts. It is now held in place with 8 bolts in the original holes.

322.jpg

323.jpg

324.jpg

"tarafied1" said:
I like that, very clean. This would make a cool Trans Am restomod.... :hide

When I first started this project I was going for the Trans Am look

"GPR" said:
When I first started this project I was going for the Trans Am look
I think it's perfect with the flares, the nose the stance. I wound't do a "replica" but it's got the "style" of the 67 Trans-Am cars!!!

Back