• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modified 1968 Coupe

"67 Fastback" said:
Sorry, I meant the front.
Bill

It is from an Eleanor kit. Someday I will finish an Eleanor we started. The lower apron fit but the upper nose had to be cut and I did not like the fit so I decided to use the lower apron on my coupe. I filled in the extra lights in the middle.

I still have a lot of fabricating to do before it will fit the way I want it.

225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that lower nose is probably the single most significant styling cue that stuck in my mind after seeing the movie. It just looks so good!!! That coupe is going to be sweet!

We had a problem with the drivers door sticking out 1/4" at the bottom even after elongating the holes in the hinge. We cut 1/4" out of the bottom of the door.

253.jpg

254.jpg

Brian had to cut out a section to get at the inner brace to cut it. After the brace was welded he brushed some epoxy primer than welded back in the piece he cut out.

255.jpg

256.jpg

I sprayed SPI Red yesterday on the hood and deck lid and the clear today. I will wet sand and than spray 3 more coats of SPI Universal clear.

258.jpg

257.jpg

I thought I would take a picture outside before we tape the body and spray SPI bedliner on the floor and inside the trunk.

266.jpg

Brian taped off the complete car than sprayed a coat of epoxy than SPI bedliner on the trunk floor and interior floor.

270.jpg

271.jpg

272.jpg

"GPR" said:
Lining up the sheetmetal

278.jpg

Nice!

And maybe it's just the picture, but the door to fender, body line looks off to me...?

"70_Fastback" said:
Nice!

And maybe it's just the picture, but the door to fender, body line looks off to me...?

The fender is a little high. We still need to fit the hood and than we can adjust the door and fender. That left aftermarket door has been a nightmare trying to get to fit.

Back