• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modified 1968 Coupe

Race Ramps was at Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach last weekend and came to our show and was looking for a car to display

361.jpg

362.jpg

363.jpg

364.jpg

I noticed this car on the cover of the latest issue of Modified Mustangs and Fords with im guessing brian in front. The car looks amazing. Its just a shame it was only on the cover, and only mentioned in an editorial. I was really hoping for a layout.

It made me read back through your build thread, and i noticed that you quarter panel end caps look like they are steel, but you never mention if you trunk deck lid is a steel piece or fiberglass. Do you mind sharing some more details? Its one impressive coupe for sure.

"lethal289" said:
I noticed this car on the cover of the latest issue of Modified Mustangs and Fords with im guessing brian in front. The car looks amazing. Its just a shame it was only on the cover, and only mentioned in an editorial. I was really hoping for a layout.

It made me read back through your build thread, and i noticed that you quarter panel end caps look like they are steel, but you never mention if you trunk deck lid is a steel piece or fiberglass. Do you mind sharing some more details? Its one impressive coupe for sure.

Thank you the end caps and deck lid are fiberglass. I used panel adhesive and also bolted them on than added filler.

"Fast68back" said:
Do you like red?
is there another color?

I got my issue in the mail, they mention you in the editor section too when talking about their project car. :thu

I had a friend replace the seals and filter

368.jpg

After Brian cleaned it

369.jpg

I sprayed 2 coats of SPI gray epoxy

370.jpg

Just curious, is that some kind of special material that you use for masking or are you just really good at putting plastic on?

"65-408" said:
Just curious, is that some kind of special material that you use for masking or are you just really good at putting plastic on?

3m plastic sheeting somehow Brian can do that I can't.

"GPR" said:
3m plastic sheeting somehow Brian can do that I can't.

it is an art form in itself. i also have a friend that can do that, when i try it looks like a soup sandwich, but gets the job done!

Back