• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

more likely
giphy.gif

Round 4 of chemo started today. Just got back home after getting the IV part of the drugs. Start with the pills tonight. Doc decided to start me back out with a low dosage and increase it till the side effects kick in. If all goes well, my trip to the Classic 24 hr race at Daytona during my off week will still go forward, barring any bad complications...(like the last round). If I am able to go, my brother is going with me so Deb will have a little less to worry about!

Round 4 of chemo started today. Just got back home after getting the IV part of the drugs. Start with the pills tonight. Doc decided to start me back out with a low dosage and increase it till the side effects kick in. (redacted) My trip to the Classic 24 hr race at Daytona during my off week will still go forward (completely redacted !!). My brother is going with me so Deb will have a little less to worry about!

Fixed it for ya Mark. Enjoy Daytona.

The power of positive thinking my man!!

Nothing but positive thoughts, but I also know the reality of it all after 3 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one here knows the reality of better than you brother. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say, I wish you never woulda had to know. There's a positive in there, and one of them is that you have the support and faith of everyone here.

With that said:

My wife and I will meet you at Daytona 24 in a couple years. She wants to camp alongside the track.

The infield is crazy for the 24 hours. It's also usually cold and wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the middle of round 4 and so far, I'm doing OK. A little numbness in my fingers and feet, but no real bad side effects...so far! I've actually felt pretty good the last few days. In the past rounds, this is when I start feeling like I'm running on empty, but so far my appetite is still good and I have energy. Taking 4 chemo pills a day and see the doc Wednesday. I'm guessing he may bump me up to 6 pills. That's what I started with way back in round one. I'm a little leery of that, sure don't want to go through that last bout of bad side effects again!

Mark glad to hear things are going well at this point.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Round five starts in minutes. Spent the last eight days in Florida. Race post to follow.

Sent from my stupid phone using Tapatalk

Keep winning each round and you'll have it licked before you know it.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Glad to hear you made the Daytona trip! You can change the tag line on your avatar anytime now to read "kickin' ass and takin' names"!!

Back