• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2016 Stangfix Fantasy Football League

Anybody having problems getting on the site today ?
OK for Kickoff, but now our site is down. After many clicks, did I ever mention how obsessive I can be :p, I got to my page and the league page, but nothing after that. Suspect the site is being overloaded and crashed.

fd

I think it is Terry's fault. He is upset because his Bears are losing to the Texas boys. :eek:
Any good college senior QBs out there? Maybe his team should play for a good draft pick. :D

fd

I think it is Terry's fault. He is upset because his Bears are losing to the Texas boys. :eek:
We won the first half. :confused:

I had Arizona as my lock for the week. That missed FG at the end knocked me out of my big Elimination pool and cost me the win in my Confidence pool. Not a good day of NFL to start the season for me. I will recover. Looks like I have a decent shot of holding on to win this first week in fantasy though.

Listen up! We are two weeks into the season. Looks like Emilio and Tim have the teams to beat at the moment. Others have found their rosters...shall we say limited. Do not despair, act like a manager and make some moves to right your ships. There are a couple ways to bolster your team. First is using the waiver wire to pick up undrafted players. Every year there are players who go from unknown to superstar just waiting for the savvy manager to snatch up. This season is no exception. Injuries also create opportunities.
Secondly, there is trading allowed in our league. Find yourself with a plethora of wideouts but short on a running back? Find a manager with the opposite problem and strike a trade deal! To get started trading you need to first fill out your "Trading Block". Even if you're not in the market it is always a good idea to fill it out anyway. This way others can present trade offers that you may find interesting.

I am still confounded that you ended up with the team you did having drafted Gronk in round one only to go and take Cam in the second. The rest of your roster should have had so many holes reviewing your draft by round. I guess that was the product of half the league on auto-pick? Then again, what will you do in a couple weeks when Bell returns? You are riding thin at the important RB position with just Gore and Blount. But what do I know, it seems to be working amazingly well for you so far!

Like you said, a injury here or there and the whole thing can go south for anyone. At least we have quite a few good teams and many active owners this time. I hope some of the other guys will heed my advice and make some moves to get their teams in the win columns. As a Bear fan all I have this season are my pools and fantasy stuff to occupy me. :(

Last edited:
Yes I am aware that I drafted gronk first and surprised that Cam was still there in the second. I hate new england only because they are good. With the return of the crybaby in week 5 I am hoping the numbers go up. (Like gronk) I know DeAngelo's numbers will decline a little in week 5, but he is an outstanding player and in not going to be sitting on the sidelines. I made one pick that I did not like and dropped him right away. I sat there the entire draft. I try to pick from winning teams that I believe will score points. Your Chicago team should play like the LA Lakers, that is play for a good draft pick. :rolleyes:

fd

Yes I am aware that I drafted gronk first and surprised that Cam was still there in the second. I hate new england only because they are good. With the return of the crybaby in week 5 I am hoping the numbers go up. (Like gronk) I know DeAngelo's numbers will decline a little in week 5, but he is an outstanding player and in not going to be sitting on the sidelines. I made one pick that I did not like and dropped him right away. I sat there the entire draft. I try to pick from winning teams that I believe will score points. Your Chicago team should play like the LA Lakers, that is play for a good draft pick. :rolleyes:
Just to be clear, I wasn't bashing your draft, rather saying I am shocked that by being so unconventional in the first two rounds to still find the talent available that you did in the later rounds is close to amazing. I think since so many were on auto-pick the system bypassed players of certain positions to fill out their other slots. Your first two picks were for positions that almost always are filled in rounds later in the draft. That there were viable RBs left in round six is really amazing.

Back