• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2016 Stangfix Fantasy Football League

What Tim said. Come on guys, it's bye week time of the season and will be for quite a while. Do your part and field a complete roster. Read the managers note on the front page of the league over on ESPN for ideas on how to pick up fill-in players
S.S.D.Y.

I just checked over on ESPN and it looks like as league manager I can adjust other team rosters. If prior to game time there are openings left on teams and there are possible replacements on the bench I could fill slots for guys. Should I exercise this power? We have one team that hasn't made a single move all year and has been playing with an empty slot due to injury every week. Guys???

I just checked over on ESPN and it looks like as league manager I can adjust other team rosters. If prior to game time there are openings left on teams and there are possible replacements on the bench I could fill slots for guys. Should I exercise this power? We have one team that hasn't made a single move all year and has been playing with an empty slot due to injury every week. Guys???
HELL NO !!! That would be a slap in the face to us who play every week. If that happens you will be makin' roster changes for me. Strongly disagree.

I hear ya, Dale. That's why I asked. I don't know what's worse though. Basically handing out free wins to their opponents or potentially helping them win with a filled roster. I don't get why everyone can't find two minutes to plug guys in.

I hear ya, Dale. That's why I asked. I don't know what's worse though. Basically handing out free wins to their opponents or potentially helping them win with a filled roster. I don't get why everyone can't find two minutes to plug guys in.
We know going in that some will bow out. Some sooner, some later. Always happens. The longer it takes to sign people up, the quicker they drop out IMO. Can't and shouldn't play God. It is what it is.

Having said that you apparently can do it anyway with no one knowing..right ? Just let me know if that's the case PM or whatever. I will not be a part of that.

How do you tell is you have an empty slot?
If you look at your team roster it will tell you if a player is injured and out or more importantly to this discussion, if they are off on a bye week. For most of the remaining regular season managers need to monitor their teams because of bye weeks sidelining players.

I agree with Dale, if people aren't filling their rosters...too bad. This is the first time I have done FF, and it shows...I suck. I had one week where I couldn't make changes (off the grid). Last week I filled my roster based on the opponents rankings, had lots of players going against 30-32 worst defenses. Still lost (well, tied). I think I have a pretty good roster this week, we will see.

I don't pay attention to the rankings and stuff like that at all. At least not this early in the season. A player can be ranked high but if you look deeper its because they have only played against really bad teams, for example. This week that running back might face the first good run defense he has seen all year. The deeper you dive the better you score...usually. What no one can routinely see coming or control are those crazy break out games where some guy just goes off and nets 25 or more points. Most times those are just luck.
One bit of advice I will give is don't fall prey to grabbing that new dude who grabbed two touchdowns last week after posting squat season to date. There are ALWAYS no names who post a huge game every week. Then they go silent for the next six. 5% of them evolve into reliable stud players. Ride your horses. Over term they will deliver much more consistently.
If you look at our league it is VERY equal this year. I see some very good squads on rosters of teams with lesser records. Things will balance out soon enough. Looks like a couple games above 500 could net a spot in the championship playoffs this year.

Back