• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2016 Stangfix Fantasy Football League

In the event we need another player/manager (which looks to be probable), anyone else want in? No experience needed other than a love of NFL football. Our league is run on the ESPN website and uses standard league rules (simple). Either post up interest here or PM me directly. Need the league filled by 8:00 pm tonight! I'd rather all the players came from Fix membership but open to all at this point. It's a non-cash game. Bragging rights is the only prize. Still a lot of fun and sure makes game days much more interesting.

Jim, Don't bail so fast! The system has an autopick feature for the draft. We've had lots of guys go this path in the past and have very good years. I think one guy even won the title one year! The system picks best available for you at each pick, even accounting for your roster positions filling up per category (i.e RB, QB, etc.). Go ahead and sign in to join the league and just set your draft preference for autopick. Even if you don't, the system will do it for you if time runs out on your first pick. All you really have to do is join the league for now.

Join TODAY before 8:00 pm EST!!!
How do I set the draft to auto? Don't see the option.

We got ourselves a league! All managers are signed up. Remember draft tomorrow afternoon (4:00 pm EST). Make sure to log in a few minutes ahead of time to be ready. The ESPN system will automatically and randomly determine draft order. Draft will be a snake style. I highly suggest you go early (or now) and do a mock draft or two to get a feel for how it functions. Make sure if you do a mock you pick a 10 player, snake style the same as our league.

I typically set the time for each pick at 90 seconds. That is a fair amount of time provided you pay attention to all the picks happening and have a decent idea of who or what position you are after with each pick. You don't have to use all the time on each pick. I actually ask that you don't. Be decisive and make your picks. If everyone takes a minute and a half with each pick the draft takes a lot longer than necessary. But take the time you need.

If you show up late, the draft will set your picks to auto after your first pick times out without you making a selection. The system will just give you the best available player with each pick. You can switch back to manual, or maybe you want to select auto, at any time. You will see the option up on the top. Try toggling it while doing a mock draft to get the feel for how it works, if you want.

Any questions post up here before the draft. I will keep an eye out for them. See everyone tomorrow at the draft!

I just want to see how heavy Terry drafts da bears, or does he want to be competitive this year. And for anyone getting their panties in a bunch... That is some smack talk already. :p

fd

Nice gesture and I would also include Sam....but even in death I would not Auto Pick. But no need as we are full now. :cool:
We've had a number of guys go autopick in the past. They did well, honestly. The only danger is if, like this year, the expert rated players are heavy in one position. You could end up with lots of WR and short on spare RB. But that's what the waiver wire and trades are for.

I just want to see how heavy Terry drafts da bears, or does he want to be competitive this year. And for anyone getting their panties in a bunch... That is some smack talk already. :p
I love my BEARS but I ain't stupid. Well...

Now that my annual stud player Forte is a Jet not much left on the Bears to draft. :( Maybe I poach me some STEELERs!

And just for the record, Tim, how many championship trophies have you hoisted? Yeah. Now that's smack, brother!

ok, so I am on the team page, I see all 10 teams. Will something pop up when the draft is getting ready to start? Or do I pick "draft now" at the top and find our draft?

Go to our league home page. Click the "MY TEAM" tab and hit the
"Launch draft now" button. It will take you to the draft. The order was drawn one hour ago so you can see what position you have.

Back