• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wipers! stopped

My wipers don’t work on my 67 anymore either. I haven’t looked into it. I just use rainex and drive real fast. But since there are good suggestions on this post I’m gonna at least check the fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately mine are stuck in the full upright position.

I think that maybe you wipermotor isn't grounded anymore or your wipermotor has an internal switch problem.
The automatic return function of the wipers , after you turned the switch to off position , works with an internal switch inside the motor I think.
Mel should know that.Maybe he can shed some light on this topic.

Well I got the new NPD switch. No dice.
Same clicking/electrical noise with interior lights dimming.

I guess its on to the motor.

So what to buy. New or Rebuilt?

Replacing motor???

Are there just three nuts holding from the back of the motor mount?

I guess its on to the motor.

So what to buy. New or Rebuilt?
For what it is worth I bought two rebuilt motors when doing my car. Both of them made horrible grinding noise when I applied power to them on the bench. I tried orienting them as they would mount in the car with the same result. I ended up putting one in but have never switched it on. Hoping the resistance of the mechanical bits calm it down. Stupid, I know but I was out of time and wanted to drive! I never plan on having the car out in the rain anyway. Just applied Raindance to the glass and the couple times I did get caught in the weather it worked fine.

Back