• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rivian Drive

Nobody has thought seriously of using methane for a power source. Farts are a good source of methane, and thus self-propulsion.
Funny you should say that. When I was in 6th grade I had to write a book including at least one invention. My invention was a car that had beans you would eat in a bowl on the dash and funnels in the seat to fart in capturing the gas.

Lol

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If my IQ was 150 pts higher, I’d make an electric car with better regenerative braking system, better batteries, more efficient motors, a flow-thru wind turbine that helps charge the batteries and the outer skin of the car all solar cells so you never run out of power while driving. THAT car, I’d buy.

Mark

Attachments

• gv531p34jsi41.jpg
    gv531p34jsi41.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 7
While my initial post wasn't intended to be a lightening rod for the ICE vs EV debate, I will point out what I considier the obvious:

US foreign policy in the Middle East has long used petroleum (a strategic commodity) to justify the exepndature of US resoures to "protect" US interests in the region. While I am a card carrying member of the "There is no such thing as too much horsepower" brigade, reducing our economic reliance on petroluem over the long term may provide us with economic leverage which should be a good thing. That being said, our current electrical grid infrastructure on this continent is inadequate and will need to make significant strides before ICE powered vehicles become extinct. I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

I remember years ago an automotive journalist quipped the volume of Mercedes Benz cars in an affluent section of Orange county, California as "Newport Beach Chevys". Here in the SF Bay Area these days, one could substitute "Tesla" for "Mercedes Benz" to update the comparison. My point is not "if" but rather "when" EV's become the dominant form of personal transportation in urban areas. In the mean time, fill it up with high octane Supreme and measure your mileage using the "Smiles per Mile" standard.........!!!

The push to electric isn't organic, it's being done by those who think they know what's best. Hybrids accomplish most of the stated goals and would evolve to all electric if that turned out to be feasible. My wife drives a Sienna and gets 33 MPG. That's insane from a minivan.

The push to electric isn't organic, it's being done by those who think they know what's best. Hybrids accomplish most of the stated goals and would evolve to all electric if that turned out to be feasible. My wife drives a Sienna and gets 33 MPG. That's insane from a minivan.
This is where i see it should go too. even in the USA there will be people who are too remote for an EV.
Tomorrow im driving to a coal mine thats 10 hours away. I will only pass through 4 towns.
A hybrid would do that. an EV wont

Back