• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

Thanks.

Dumb question time. Where can I get seam seeler? I have never used it before.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

I like this place. Best prices and they have never not had stock of something I needed. Located in northern IL so probably just one day UPS to you in WI as well.

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/search/ ... eam+sealer

I like SEM. It costs a bit more but is considered the best by most too. The standard is a two part epoxy like material that requires a special type gun to use. They sell it all. The thicker stuff (gray or black) I have gotten from NPD.

the nearest one to me is Sams Auto Supply but i dont know if they have one in Madison but there is-

Body Shop Supply Co.
1212 Greenway Cross Madison

Madison is 2 hours south of me. I am just outside appleton.

I will check the local stores.

The sealer with the Tiger on it is expensive like 18-30$ a tube and you need a caulk gun, but they make cheaper stuff i used both and saw little difference you just pay for a name~like POR-15 self etch 30$ a spray can compared to SEM 12$....

I got a little garage time today.

Painted the oil pan. I almost forgot that the new motor is black and my old pan was ford blue. :hide
DSC00045.jpg

Pulled the cowl panel off. Everything looks clean in there. no rust or anything. :yah
DSC00039.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

Trying to figure out where to run the engine harness in and where to mount the computer.
Not much room in there with the heater box.

Tried a test fit with the headers I got from Pete. No go.
I tried them on the passenger side and the hit the trans and wont sit flush on the heads. I guess I need to find out if sanderson will exchange them.
DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the oil pan and pickup swapped today and drilled the timing cover for the dipstick.
I even put my wife to work. I only had a couple hours to work on it before I have to go to work.
We were going to try to get the engine in, but the transmission cross member I bought does not line up with holes in the body.
I am going to have to get a different one. :guns
DSC00060.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

If Sanderson won't exchange the headers....I would be interested in buying them off you. You beat me to the punch when you got them from Pete!

Those headers have more travel time than most classic mustangs out there........and in bad weather.

Re: Re: Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

"kb3" said:
If Sanderson won't exchange the headers....I would be interested in buying them off you. You beat me to the punch when you got them from Pete!

I called them today and they said to send them in and they will exchange them. If the ones they send me don't work I will let you know.

Now, as I have said....that is one awesome company.....if one can get a set to fit......which I am sure they will.

Yeah, its pretty impressive. I even told them I didn't buy the headers from them. It didnt phase her at all. Hopefully they can get them right with the AOD. They have a new style listed that had an AOD option.

6b0a787b-7eed-6646.jpg
6b0a787b-7f07-ec0a.jpg

Here us the AOD crossmember I bought that didn't fit. I swear nothing fits The floor of convertibles. I put it in the classified section if any doing an AOD conversion needs one.

It seems the only garage time I have lately is while the little one is napping on my days off.
Spent an hour or so working on the car today.
I removed the rest of the old exhaust system.
DSC00074.jpg

Someone replaced the floors at some point and did a very crappy job of it. You can see where the just laid the new floor over the cut out area on the drivers side and tacked it in. Looks pretty bad. :wth
DSC00070.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

Trying to figure out where to locate the computer under the dash. 2 options. :confu
Anyone with an suggestions let me know.
1. attach to the defroster ducting. It sits nice and flat here.
DSC00081.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

2. On the upper firewall. Probably have to fab up a bracket here. The area it fits in is not flat.
DSC00084.jpg

And here is a comparison shot of the original color and the current color.
DSC00080.jpg

I don't like the idea of hanging it off the defrost duct. Computers and heat aren't the best of friends and your access to it would be very difficult. No room behind the glove box?

"Horseplay" said:
I don't like the idea of hanging it off the defrost duct. Computers and heat aren't the best of friends and your access to it would be very difficult. No room behind the glove box?

That is not my first choice either. I don't ever run the heat in my car.
The heater box takes up the entire area behind the glove box so it won't fit back there.
DSC00077.jpg

Got a great birthday gift today........ I took a vacation day today to get some work done on the car.
After a few cuss words and some stubborn bumper bolts, I now have an engine in the car! :yah

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00101-1.jpg

My wife got dirty and helped me get it in. The engine that is.
DSC00110.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

I stuck the upper intake manifold on just to see what it would look like.
DSC00117.jpg

Our little girl even got her tool box out to help daddy.
DSC00086.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Back