• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pandemic Quarantine Projects Thread

+1

I've been getting most of my parts for the Jeep resto on there. Even body parts, mirrors etc.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I’ve seen you mention this Jeep twice now. Where’s the build thread or specifics on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen you mention this Jeep twice now. Where’s the build thread or specifics on it?

I don't think it's interesting enough for anyone to watch.
521313ca69f6a026e3429171bb25037c.jpg

I took some time to build a new rear bumper for my truck. Old one was tweaked and I didnt like it.

New one is based off the Humvee rear bumper.

The base tube is 8"×2" and .25" thick. Had to use the plasma torch (which I'm terrible with) to cut it
20200323_113343.jpg

Wanted some nice light, so mounted some LEDs from Hella on the bumper to aid with backing up.
20200329_175953.jpg

I think it came out well. Primed and painted with a "black stainless steel" rustoleum. Plan to coat the hitch to match after some sanding.
20200331_181148.jpg

I took some time to build a new rear bumper for my truck. Old one was tweaked and I didnt like it.

The base tube is 8"×2" and .25" thick. Had to use the plasma torch (which I'm terrible with) to cut it
View attachment 32609

Wanted some nice light, so mounted some LEDs from Hella on the bumper to aid with backing up.
View attachment 32610

I think it came out well. Primed and painted with a "black stainless steel" rustoleum. Plan to coat the hitch to match after some sanding.
View attachment 32611

That looks good.

Thanks. I bought it as a winter beater, but now I'm getting carried away with it.

I wanted to buy a Jeep to take in the woods and beat the piss out of. Started looking with the wife and she got bit by the bug. That’s how we ended up with this.

551722282a3784be4eb24c4335169085.jpg

Far too much money to do what I wanted a Jeep for...
giphy.gif

I wanted to buy a Jeep to take in the woods and beat the piss out of. Started looking with the wife and she got bit by the bug. That’s how we ended up with this.

551722282a3784be4eb24c4335169085.jpg

Far too much money to do what I wanted a Jeep for...
giphy.gif

Me likey! The soft top too! Everyone buys those, gets the hard top and never takes it off. Jeeps are meant to be topless.

I've owned 9 Jeeps over the years. I love them. I wanted to get a new Wrangler or even the gladiator. I just can't justify the money. But then I'd have to get rid of one of my cars.

It has a hard top also. I actually prefer the hardtop and just go topless when I want the top off. Not a big fan of the factory softop. It’s useless.

I do take it off-road to a degree. If I lived out west where trees couldn’t scratch I’d take it off road a lot more.

7fa5ab4fac9f8f9276bf3720438ec3da.jpg

Best of both worlds. I had both tops on my last Wrangler. Hard top for winter, soft for Summers. I rarely ever put the top up.

View attachment 32609

View attachment 32610

View attachment 32611
That turned out really well. Did you get it powder coated or is that paint? It must have a pretty good heft to it too, I bet!

I keep threatening to get a plasma cutter. I spend more time sweeping up death wheel dust than I do actually fabbing stuff.

I still have to work 40 plus a week cause I'm supposedly essential. But been working on more storage space.
7d336bb6c469aa033755d599dce746c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That turned out really well. Did you get it powder coated or is that paint? It must have a pretty good heft to it too, I bet!

I keep threatening to get a plasma cutter. I spend more time sweeping up death wheel dust than I do actually fabbing stuff.

I just painted it for now. If that doesn't last I have a buddy here who can powder coat it. The bumper is definitely heavy. I'd guess its around 100 lbs.

A plasma torch is super nice. If you have an outlet for it then theres no reason not to. So much easier and quicker then a wheel. With the right guides and skill you can cut edges that need very little cleanup.

Heck our torch here worked somehow even though the cable was half chopped in two!!! Took it apart to fix it and alot of those wires are redundant, they cone back together at the gun.

20200329_133356.jpg

I just painted it for now. If that doesn't last I have a buddy here who can powder coat it. The bumper is definitely heavy. I'd guess its around 100 lbs.

A plasma torch is super nice. If you have an outlet for it then theres no reason not to. So much easier and quicker then a wheel. With the right guides and skill you can cut edges that need very little cleanup.

Heck our torch here worked somehow even though the cable was half chopped in two!!! Took it apart to fix it and alot of those wires are redundant, they cone back together at the gun.

View attachment 32613
So, I can drive my Jeep over to you to cut out and weld in new floors?

Just got my wife's 59 f-100 back from the shop. It needed an alignment and the rear main was leaking. Got to keep this mechanic in business, he to really good and reasonable. Does not hurt that he is the son of a member of my Sunday School Class.

Back