• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

No such thing as too much brake!

Shaun

I started out this year thinking I'll have a quite year on the development side but it got to early Summer and I was bored! To keep myself busy I blew up my motor, started designing a rear suspension, full floating rear end and this bad boy:

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

It uses the same giant 12"x1.25" directional curved vane rotor used in our Trans-Am kit but the caliper is a 4 piston forged aluminum piece. This caliper weighs less than half the iron one in the vintage kit. It has internal cross overs so no external pipe work to get snagged, stainless pistons and stainless pad abutments so the pads slide smoothly and won't gouge the caliper body. I'm going to offer the caliper powder coated red or black as standard but I can do any color if desired. The pads are .810" thick. Yes, that's correct, .810" thick. EACH. Each pad is the same thickness as a stock Mustang rotor! I also wanted the caliper rear of the spindle so ducting could easily be installed in the front.

As impossible as it seems it all fits under a 15" wheel. Our test wheel is the ever popular 15x7 Torq Thrust D, it fits with no wheel spacers and no modifications. A direct bolt on to the drum style spindle.

Will be available for sale in December. Price for a standard red/black caliper with plain rotors and street pads will be $1699. Options will include gas vented rotors and track pads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I need to get my car done and put some miles on all the new stuff so I can start upgrading with better stuff..... It'll never end

Very Cool, This winter's project is rear disk for my stang. I will defiantly be in touch with you. I have 15" aftermarket wheels that look like the stock 14" 68 style steel wheels. Like in my signature picture below.

"silverblueBP" said:
If only you would have come up with this 9 years ago!

Mark,

You say this about everything I build! LOL. Perhaps you need to build a new car? :pbj

"Shaun" said:
Mark,

You say this about everything I build! LOL. Perhaps you need to build a new car? :pbj

John,

Shouldn't be a problem, let me know when you are ready.

That looks awesome. Well done.
I remember trying to stuff a set if Wilwoods behind my 15" styled steels.......needless to say, it didn't work well. Got it to fit with adjustment but the wheels rubbed the calipers on turns....
Went with 16" TTII and much better results.

Yours are sweet

I've said this before, where were you back in 2000 when I was buying all my parts?

:nut

Mark, you are allowed to upgrade. Just ask deb for your balls and the credit card out of her purse at the same time.

"lethal289" said:
Mark, you are allowed to upgrade. Just ask deb for your balls and the credit card out of her purse at the same time.

Mark,

Just buy 2 systems, 1 for your car and 1 for hers!

Back