• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Helped A Friend With His 04 Mach 1 Today

95GT

I have a friend that has a very sharp 04 black Mach 1. Car only has 6200 original miles. Well today he wanted to install new 1 1/2" lowering springs and a new exhaust system. I told him I would help. So he brings it over to my place and we start on it around 11:00 this morning. Had the new front springs in shortly after noon and thought wow the hard part is done. So we start to tackle the rear springs and exhaust. Had the rear springs out in no time. He really wanted to remove the cat back set up without cutting it. So we take a little time and got it out. So I am thinking we will have this done in no time. Boy was I wrong. The new cat back system he bought was from Stainless Steel Systems. What a piece of crap. That was the worst fitting cat back system I ever saw. Just to bolt it on and get it to clear everything it took us 4 hours. When we finally got it on it does sound good but man I was ready to pull what little hair have left out.

Back