• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Glad to be here

jdomke1

I’ve got Oval Blue in my veins. I was born and raised in Dearborn Michigan. I went to Edsel Ford High School. I’ve driven and owned Mustangs since I was 14. I can’t totally remember how many. I took 4 yrs of auto shop in HS which was basically sponsored by Ford. We had great tools, equipment, and teachers.

I’ve revived my Mustang love about 4 years ago when I bought my ‘72 Coupe to restore. Body and interior are in good shape. The disappointing part was the engine. Originally equipped with 302 and for some reason a 351M was put in 1978. I’m guessing the engine went bad and this crap engine was all they could afford. Probably got it for free. Did I mention I’m a major 351 Cleveland guy? I bought a ‘98 GT convertible a year later because I wanted something to drive around in while fixing up the old one. I’ve since done a refurbishment of that one apart from body paint. Typical clear coat peeling.

My real love has always been for a ‘71-73 Mach 1 (I’m a big guy so the older ones are tight like my ‘98). A buddy of mine in auto shop owned a ‘73 green machine as we called. Super jealous. Since COVID had us locked down and we couldn’t take our vacation cruise this year, my wife and I decided it was time for the Mach 1. In Feb 2021 I purchased a ‘72 Mach 1. All original. It sat for 15 years in a storage yard that went out of business in Southern California. It had the 351C, 2 barrel unfortunately, and the FMX transmission. I remember back in auto shop my teacher suggested I get one of these for the 351C I built back then. “Built like a tank” I seem to recall him saying. We’ll see. I’m now a few months into my restoration.

Perhaps I’ll start a post detailing all the work. I took my unwanted stimulus checks and put them use keeping CJ Pony, NPD, and Summit in business. I sourced others too but these are my primary vendors of choice.

There you go. Hope you haven’t fallen asleep reading this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Fix! It is mandatory that you share pics when you make an introduction, we are not good readers but we do like looking at cars.

All three
688b26eda43152b3eead4c2649e4ceaa.jpg

a2a456a5c5fc154e59c312f91e19a743.jpg

f8c11117feb1af0786dad8b2e80bd25c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Welcome to the Fix! We can help you fix whatever isn't broken, and break whatever you fix! We're also a fairly sarcastic group as well. Good to see the 7123 break through the earlier fixation.

Glad to have you join.

We've had a run of wide body (71-73) discussion it seems lately. Your timing is right on.

Has anyone mentioned the $5,000 sign-up fee?:rolleyes:;):p

Welcome....You can ask me anything...because I don't know anything.

Oh I do have a question.
Are you done yet?;)

Back