• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Everybody OK in the states ?

Randy;
Here in the Golden State there are two main categories of natural disasters, "Shake and Bake' and "Slip and Slide". Take your pick!!

Regards,, Jeff
Don't forget about "roasted nuts and crispy critters!"

Local Update
Per the local news, cumulative rainfall over the past few weeks has been significant with local flooding in low lying areas, landslides in areas with fire scars, and fallen trees throughout the Bay Area. Putting this into numerical perspective, the average annual rainfall in San Jose is generally about 13.5 inches. To date, we have received about 27 inches, that's 200% of the annual average and we still have a couple more months in the rain year. The Guadalupe River watershed flowing from the Santa Cruz Mountains down into the flatlands of the Valley (about a mile from my house) has seen about 53 inches while the wettest rain station on Mt. Umunhum (one of the local peaks) measured about 62 inches of rain to date. While some of that rainfall is absorbed into the soil and some of it is captured in the local reservoirs, the Guadalupe River and the other local creeks that drain into San Francisco Bay seem to handling most of the watershed runoff pretty well so far, other areas not so well.

I stayed home from work yesterday, as the main route north from Hollister to Gilroy was flooded. Highway 25 and Highway 101 in south Gilroy were closed and all of the other routes out of Hollister (the white roads) were flooded. The only way out was Highway 156 to Highway 152 (Pacheco Pass highway) and they were backed up solid.
1678534767796.jpeg

Finally all this stuff melted. This weekend we're going to San Diego to get some sunshine.

Lol.

Mel
0821d275f1e1b9ed16f8292ee59612e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

We just got back from Florida. It was windy and 60s most of the week.

81c88b0edeed41a5ceb35859e5a6b7e8.jpg
d392522c78acacfe996a9bebbe7ea159.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Well, we got welcomed back to Wisconsin from mother nature.

We were only supposed to 1-3". My whiteshitometer is looking like at least 8" so far and still snowing.
9ba3c9808acc2f83201201b29993e831.jpg

Pat you can keep me updated on your weather....my son doesn't. He just complains about it. :p
He should be getting used to it by now. But after all my life here I still complain about it too.

We left Friday for a weekend in San Diego which is nice and sunny in the low 60s. When we left there was about an inch of snow on the truck and still snowing.

Mel

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Back