• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Blu '67 coupe project is back on!

blu67

Finally getting some good traction on my coupe again after too many years. Going to set this thread up to follow the progress. Updates may not come too often but I will definitely keep moving forward. I want to get this car back on the road ASAP.
474036071605_0_ALB.jpg
Looking so sad....
DSCN3430.jpg
Pretty significant damage.
987136071605_0_ALB.jpg
Off to Indiana
IMG_1520_zpsnysn2c1a.jpg
How she looks now as of a couple of weeks ago
IMG_1521_zpszmakqige.jpg
We had to cut out the frame rails and torque box and grind down the welds. The 5 frame rail holes in the pic were actually ripped out during the accident.
IMG_1523_zpsrkjwu4ck.jpg
Here's the booty shot. Needs some work here too.

She will be back on the road. Just trying to collect some parts then make another trip out to Indy.

Major operation !!!
First picture made me a bit sick to see this , although it isn't mine.
Good luck on the repair and take your time to fix it the right way.

has been sitting in the cut up state for all this time? I seem to remember seeing those type of pics a while ago.
glad to hear its back on track.

has been sitting in the cut up state for all this time? I seem to remember seeing those type of pics a while ago.
glad to hear its back on track.
It has been cut up for a while now but "life" has intervened and taken priority. Now it seems like we are back on and we should be able to keep the steam up.

12fa1ae76c761d58096c419720a9ef37.jpg

Working out a little kink in the drivers side quarter panel.

b9a492bf36efea5316e4acc1f4b90f39.jpg

All gone!

Baby steps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It ain't easy to push out a dent like this considering the thickness of the sheetmetal.thumbs up !!

I have absolute confidence this puppy will be back on the road. When the weather gets a little better in South Dakota I will start wrenching on my Mustang.

How does the front look?

The front is the same as the previous photos of the blank firewall. Waiting on a few parts to be delivered and either the front or the passenger quarter/tail panel will be next. More pics to come soon.

Chris...I'm confused.....where is the car? In Cali?

The car is still in Indiana, Mike but we are moving forward to get it to a roller and get it back here to complete the rest of the work.

Back