• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Blu '67 coupe project is back on!

Rear axle installed. Still on target for a June return to SoCal.
3ff697d83e811283b872338b43af8dbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randall’s Rack installed. Just need to connect steering column, add brakes and some temp wheels and she’s ready to ship!
2629eb7dbb47675546709c72d6c954fd.jpg

She’s on the ground!!....well, the front half is. Took the long way home during a business trip and had a day to work on the car. One of the El cheapo tires wouldn’t hold air anymore so we need a used tire thrown on in order to get all four to touch the floor.
Installed the Wilwood brakes at all four corners, loaded up the 5.0 block, finished up the front suspension and loaded up the interior with parts coming home. A missing column mount bracket and a new coupler for the Ididit column need to be ordered then she will steer.
We didn’t mount the calipers as they are 15” wheels and the Wilwoods require at least a 17”. It’s fine for now. I’ll get them on here in CA. I figure I’ll have her on a trailer within weeks and headed home!!
6b519438355415c0eee16fa616d6ef41.jpg
b5b4c9e79476126123fd4ca01512b302.jpg
9bc3db1659281fd6fb38d16fe845ceee.jpg

OMG! I love those rotors! Do they stay black even after braking? Engine compartment is squeaky clean~ love it!! I'm excited for you!;)

OMG! I love those rotors! Do they stay black even after braking? Engine compartment is squeaky clean~ love it!! I'm excited for you!;)

Thanks, Dne’! Found out that Wilwood e-coats all of their drilled rotors to help prevent damage I guess during installation. The black will come off during braking.

Is that a new rear housing or stock. * or 9 inch? Also love the brakes!

It’s a new 9” from Currie. I had the housing powder coated. It came with some monstrous brake drums which I intend to sell.

That's fantastic! It looks so clean, well, you know, you've done a lot of work on it already;)

So, just starting some inventory and messed around with the quarter end caps. One is original and the other not. The non-original I can make fit beautifully while the original never fit well. I thought I could adjust it a little but I don’t think I’ll ever get it to fit perfect....
I might start trolling for a replacement in the hopes it would fit better...
If I fit the side and peak perfectly, this happens up top to the trunk edge
bd2315f64451719e0aba5bec4422a22d.jpg

Fit the peak and trunk edge and this happens to the side
b51598cbe9e9fa24755f82f46d2a9787.jpg

Too early in the process to get frustrated so, moving on....

Last edited:
Back