• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 Coupe Daily Driver - Keeping it running and trying to impove it

The tank was almost empty but the first thing I did was fill it. It still showed empty after 19 gallons were added. Tomorrow, I will take the wire off the sending unit and ground it to see if the gauge moves. I think that should isolate the problem.

Nice. I bet you are a very happy man.

Why did you elect to modify the cowl? Personally, I like the aesthetic of the original but I know many talk of doing what you had done.

Nice. I bet you are a very happy man.
Why did you elect to modify the cowl? Personally, I like the aesthetic of the original but I know many talk of doing what you had done.
I just like the look for this stang (and I hated waxing around it). I have removed the badges and this was just the next step. Someday the drip rails will be history.

I am a very happy man and my wife is real happy with the work also.

When I got in the stang this morning. I saw I had a stupid mouse/rat in the car last night. Chewed a hole in the kick panel. I do not need thing giving more things to fix! At least I did not find rat turds in the car.

MouseHole.jpg

Be grateful that's where he did the damage. I had a mouse decide to chew through my new headliner even though there was wide open access to get behind it only a couple inches away. I'd take replacing a kick panel any day over what i went through! Still sucks though. I'd also do my best to make sure he is not still in there.

Since I cannot cut any more trees down for a while, I went after my tilt column project. After rebuilding the tilt column, it still did not turn good. So I pulled my other 2 columns of my parts shelf and torn them down to compare parts. Turns out the upper shaft was buggered (do not know h9ow I missed that). Replaced the shaft and almost got it together before I called it a night. Hopefully I can finish tonight. Tilt019.jpg Tilt020.jpg Tilt021.jpg Tilt022.jpg Tilt023.jpg

Got my mustang on a lift so I could replace the 279 open gears with my 355 equa-locs.

Did some inspection and my cork gasket on the C4 is leaking bad. I was uneasy torquing the pan bolts any more, guess I should just replace it.

The idler arm was also loose. Time to get one of those also. What is the best Idler arm out there? This on is only about 5 years old and not even 15k miles on it.

Need to finish researching what EFI unit i want, leaning to the FiTech system.

Got my FiTech Install Done. Had to get it to someone to finish, too many life issue at the moment. This really perked the 351W up. It can get sideways real quick.

FiTech1.jpgFiTech2.jpgFiTech3.jpgFiTech4.jpgFiTech5.jpg

Back