• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2023 Hot August Nights

Hi, we can meet at the small Chevron Station, 1490 S. Main, Manteca CA. Right off the 120. From there we can take the 99 north to Sacto. Antytime to meet is good for me.

I want pictures from this event from all of you, including a group photo! As everyone knows, it didn't happen unless pictures are provided as documentation.

Meet in Tucson would ACTUALLY be a REAL "Meet in the Middle" for me for once! :p I know I skew the trend pretty far east, although John will be the new winner in that department I guess so you can all blame him instead!

I just got back from Canada, looking to do the "turn and burn" so I make it to HAN! Hopefully Jane is not in a particularly punishing mood. Taking her for a "does this vehicle still run??" spin tomorrow, then loading up and heading out. I'm going to take 4 days to do the drive this time, the heat has been awful this year and driving for long periods through it is only limited amounts of fun, even with the world's greatest car. Originally planned on leaving Saturday, getting there Tuesday, but I think I'm going to push it back a day to get there Wednesday afternoon instead. But I'm excited!! Mostly to see 38 Special, I don't care about you guys :p

Like others, I think this will be my last HAN for quite a while. Looking to move my road trips into the October territory so I can do more of the Southwest without frying alive. So you all better show up! No flakes!! (COVID flakes notwithstanding)

Hi, we can meet at the small Chevron Station, 1490 S. Main, Manteca CA. Right off the 120. From there we can take the 99 north to Sacto. Antytime to meet is good for me.
OK...How about meeting there at 10am? That should get us there around 3 or so depending on our stops. We'll need at least one for fuel.

Jeff, Diane, Frank and Ken...is that good with you?

OK...How about meeting there at 10am? That should get us there around 3 or so depending on our stops. We'll need at least one for fuel.

Jeff, Diane, Frank and Ken...is that good with you?
It should be good for us but I may have a work obligation that could push it back for me. I won't know till Monday.
As far as gas stops, My travel route from last year involved 3 intermediate stops. (SJ to Lathrop = 72 miles; Lathrop to Rocklin = 81 miles; Rocklin to Donner = 69 miles; Donner to GSR = 44 miles; Total trip = 266 miles) If you top the tank off at Manteca, your thirsty beast should get you the next 82 miles to the Rocklin (Sierra College exit) for the next usual gas stop. I think I burned through 20 gallons or so in total.

Last edited:
Kelly:

On that trip last year, I went 153 miles before the gas stop. Going the full 266 miles on a single tank would have been tempting fate.

On the other hand, Mikey's car slurps something like 9 mpg so he likely suffers from perpetual range anxiety!

Diane is also a bit nervous when the red Mach 1 tank gets to about 6 gallons left !!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards, Jeff

SLURP SLURP SLURP.......

Hey my trip to Modesto and back I drove downhill both ways, with the wind (had the sails out) and racked up 11.88mpg ;) :p

But this trip is all uphill.

Okay its meet-up at 10am on Tuesday.

10am works for me. I can go up and back on one tank. Albeit 39 gallons of diesel will be the fuel.

Back