• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2023 Hot August Nights

Now for something completely different, with no intention of hijacking this thread. I can update you all in Reno. Michelle and I bought a house and are moving to Jasper TN, it is outside of Chattanooga. We are leaving CA on Sept 8th. I'm having the 65 and 08 shipped there and the 69 will stay in Modesto until I can build my detached garage. New adventures await.

Waaaaa I miss you already.:(

Okay lets get planning. Next September I'll be driving your way.......;)

Now for something completely different, with no intention of hijacking this thread. I can update you all in Reno. Michelle and I bought a house and are moving to Jasper TN, it is outside of Chattanooga. We are leaving CA on Sept 8th. I'm having the 65 and 08 shipped there and the 69 will stay in Modesto until I can build my detached garage. New adventures await.
I look forward to seeing you at PITS and Mustang Week then!

We're moving WHERE??????
SF HAN 2019 Michelle JohnD.jpg

I completely understand the reason for the move. Anything to get away from Mikey. *G*

So John...where are we meeting you and what time?
I'll be coming up from the south (Gilroy) 152.

I may be coming solo. Hard to bring two cars! I don’t trust the Cougar on that run yet

Well, I have some bad news for you folks. I started feeling a bit under the weather yesterday, and did a home test for COVID: yup, it's positive.
My plan is to attack the virus with strong doses of alcohol. I think, though, it is best that Laurie and I cancel our plans to go...maybe next year?

:eek::eek::eek::(
That's horrible news. Take the test again. Go to the hospital and have the professionals take the test. Home kits can have false positives.
I doubt there will be a next year. That dang show is so expensive I was giving it one last go.

:eek::eek::eek::(
That's horrible news. Take the test again. Go to the hospital and have the professionals take the test. Home kits can have false positives.
I doubt there will be a next year. That dang show is so expensive I was giving it one last go.
With the symptoms I'm having, and knowing that I got it on Friday waiting in a Doctor's lobby while an old geezer was coughing is good enough for me and my PCP. 5 days after exposure, typical symptoms, a positive test is sufficient for me. I'm not going to possibly infect others.

First cold/flu/respiratory problem in nearly 5 years. I believe the primary reason is that I do not interact with young school-age kids. Now HS and college co-eds are a different story...

Yes, I agree with you that the prices for hotels during this event were getting out of hand. Maybe we should institute the Meet Mid in the Middle again?

With the symptoms I'm having, and knowing that I got it on Friday waiting in a Doctor's lobby while an old geezer was coughing is good enough for me and my PCP. 5 days after exposure, typical symptoms, a positive test is sufficient for me. I'm not going to possibly infect others.

First cold/flu/respiratory problem in nearly 5 years. I believe the primary reason is that I do not interact with young school-age kids. Now HS and college co-eds are a different story...

Yes, I agree with you that the prices for hotels during this event were getting out of hand. Maybe we should institute the Meet Mid in the Middle again?
Meet in Tucson!

he's hard of hearing.;)

Well, I have some bad news for you folks. I started feeling a bit under the weather yesterday, and did a home test for COVID: yup, it's positive.
My plan is to attack the virus with strong doses of alcohol. I think, though, it is best that Laurie and I cancel our plans to go...maybe next year?
Dang, I was looking forward to meeting The Legend in person.

Back