• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

Well, it's been a long summer with a lot of life happening, but little mustang work. Finally got off my butt and started working on the interior. Upholstery is up first. Changing from dark red standard to parchment pony deluxe.

Made this bracket for a little extra support for the Sanden AC compressor. Ties the original idler bracket to the new style compressor.
In my low tech fab shop, used only 1" x 1/4" flat bar, hacksaw, drill, tap & die, welder, file, dremel, bench grinder. Will get bead blasted and painted black and bolts will be sized to fit flush.
AC Bracket 1.JPG AC Bracket 2.JPG AC Bracket 3.JPG

Last edited:
Working on the stripes for the 65. Had it planned out in my head but now rethinking. Had to get the old trunk lid out and do a test panel. Was planning on one wide stripe with two narrow stripes but my painter highlighted the stripes with black pinstripe and now think the two smaller stripes are too much. Thinking the one narrow stripes look better. I love the way the black accents the stripe.

I like both versions but have a slight preference to not having the small stripe.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got tired of my brakes not being as good as they should be so I added a hydroboost. Only thing left is to bleed the brakes. The supercharger just didn't allow enough vacuum for the original style boost to work right. Anyone interested in a factory replacement booster?

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg Finally took the carbs off of the tripower that has been sitting on my bench for almost a year .
Now to clean and then off to be powder coated

image.jpg

I spent more than 10 hours this weekend filling and sanding the welds on Trouble's axle so I can paint this weekend. My hands are too tired to post photos of it, but I will once it's done.

Hell no. He's taking care of the house in Mexico. He loves Mustangs, but doesn't work on them. He does bring me cold beer when I'm working.

Spent Sat and Sunday putting the front suspension back in. All new parts from ORP. My brother was here for the weekend and I was feeling good, so we decided to work!

Felt good to get dirty! Front is all back together, torqued and greased. Will need to align when the motor is back in. Still need to replace the rear shocks and a couple other odds and ends to make it race ready. I know it'll be some time before I can race it again, but it's nice knowing it's going back together!

My local Ford dealer rep scored me a couple of posters to brighten up the shop/storage unit!

IMG_5997.jpg

Good to see you feeling well to work on the stang.

Living the dream or running it down... Haven't figured out which yet.

Once a year, its really a "safety" inspection, tires, horn, lights. You go pay someone $7 to give you a receipt so tag office will let you get updated tags, and charge you a $3 convenience fee for using a debit card, next time I'll bring $71 in pennies.... Nothing convenient about standing in line waiting...

Back