• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

I swapped out the old Nitto NT-01's for a new-er set of Goodyear Bluestreaks so I can start prepping the suspension for some vintage racing. If all goes well, I hope to get back on the track in Sept with the HVR guys in Kansas City.

Only time will tell.

I pulled the heater box on the 69 and replaced the heater core. Hopefully have it back in by the weekend.

We moved into the new house the beginning of March. I moved the Mustang over and then had to leave town. My wife called and said the car was leaking gas. When i got home my suspicion was confirmed, the seal on the sending unit. I decided to upgrade while i had the tank out. When i bought the tank, the only one Dallas Mustang had in stock was a 16 gal without a drain plug. I ordered a 20 gal tank with drain plig from RockAuto for $90 and got it installed. Still havent filled it up though...

Tightened and lubed the front suspension (the squeaking was driving me nuts), tightened the brake pedal for more pressure at the top of the stoke and just recently changed out the brake rotors. Money.

Rebuilt my Holley dp carb today. I have used it 16 years. Boy did it need some attention. Cleaned the intake also. It had all kinds of gas stains. Gee I wonder why.

I finally got some work done on my car this week.

Relocated and wired up my electric fuel pump with a Ron Morris drop bracket to get it lower. Started running the nylon fuel lines. I just have to find one fitting to find to connect the return line to the sending unit then I need to secure the lines.

Nice warm day north of Seattle , so time to take the car out for a spin with my 15 y/o son . Took a spin around town and about 2 miles before we get home , my son said " dad, you are leaking from under the dash ." Yep , leaking heater core . Must have been those shifts from first to second at 6,000 rpm and not the fact the heater is probably 15 to 20 years old . Not sure when I changed it last . Good thing I have an extra new brass unit in the shop .

Don't forget to thoroughly dry out the carpet. It can stay damp for weeks and start rust on the floor pan.....check the under padding too.

I almost finished rebuilding my distributor and putting it back together! But then it snowed 6" so I went "screw it" and went inside to pout. I just need to hook the Pertronix back up and it'll be ready to go though. Bleh.

Driving around Santa Cruz yesterday my turn signal quit working. I can manually manipulate the indicator arm to 'indicate' turn intention, but if I move the indicator arm either up or down, the indicator lamps stay illuminated and do not blink flash.
I verified the bulbs and the fuse, so am pulling the indicator switch from the steering column today, and will order the replacement for next weekend's project...

Driving around Santa Cruz yesterday my turn signal quit working. I can manually manipulate the indicator arm to 'indicate' turn intention, but if I move the indicator arm either up or down, the indicator lamps stay illuminated and do not blink flash.
I verified the bulbs and the fuse, so am pulling the indicator switch from the steering column today, and will order the replacement for next weekend's project...
It sounds like your flasher unit quit working. A very common problem from the old style units. I am not sure on these cars where they are located, but most of the time on that era of Fords it is plugged into the fuse block. Mid could tell you for certain.

Ummmm...it wasn't until 1975 or so that the flasher units were part of the fuse block. Typically, a non-flashing turn signal indicates too high a resistance (e.g. burned out bulb). A good test is whether your four-way flashers work; if they do, then there's something amiss with your normal turn signal flashing circuitry.

Back