• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I thought this might be a good dumping ground for you who want to quickly chime in without creating a post and tell us what you got done with your Mustang today. It can be anything you did or plan to do. Of course if you have done something substantial or have a specific question you might consider creating a separate post so as to get immediate attention. Me? Heck, it's only 9am. Give me a frickin' break ! Going to drive the green turd over to GTSCODE's house for a visit in a couple hours.

Anyhoo.......tell us what you did?

Re: What did you get done on your Mustang today????

Nothing. Yet. I was about to go out in the garage and see if I can't get the underdash harness out. Then maybe, I might try installing a windshield. :confu

The morning is still early, but I've swapped out Mass Air meters. Next, I need to grab the laptop and reprogram the computer. Not much else planned to do to her today.

Changed all the fluids and filters in the tractor, re-attached the bucket and rear blade. I'm ready for the snow.

Oh yeah, I did remove the radiator and drain all the water out of the 289. The motor is coming out for the winter. I got an oil leak at the last track day. I'll also pull the toploader and go through it.

So far today I've put about 50 miles on the odometer. I'm working on putting 500 'easy' miles on it after getting the Trac-Lok & new gears in.

Well it's not in the Mustang yet, but it's gonna be. Does measuring and head scratching count? I plan on taking ole Blue out after while.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 006.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 388

That plan didn't go over so well. :hide

Was trying to get the one stuck connector apart so I could get the harness out... yanked and hit my finger on the dash and left a nice gash and lots of blood. Did not look pretty. And I'm not one to get faint at blood or wounds but I swear I almost passed out at the sight of my finger. LOL Decided it was pretty nasty looking so went to the Dr and they super glued it shut and I got a tetnus shot.

Gertrude hates me. :shrug

Took Mid out for a spin this morning, then worked on harnesses the rest of the day.

Took mine out and washed off the track bugs, oil, and tire rubber. Slowly putting it away for winter.

I had the mustang moved to the shop, then pulled the engine, then loaded the engine into the pickup, and dropped it off at the machine shop. :yah

hopefully I'll be able make a decision on monday to rebuild this engine, or order a 347.

engine_pickupbed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does writing a big fat check to pay off some parts count. That's all I did today. Besides staring at it for a bit.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Nothing, absolutely frigging nothing! I was going to work on stripping the paint on Trouble's rear end but instead came down with the flu yesterday. I've been lying on the bed all day watching TIVO of Big Valley and Twelve O'Clock High. I can't even train my dog to take care of me. :shrug

Update: Yes I drove Shag 30-40 miles today to go and visit GTSCODE and then a couple other local friends. The car drove beautifully.

Nuttin'

I drove the 08 over to a friends house and helped him get the 289 I built for him running and broke in.

He has a really nice original paint 68 Bronco with nearly zero rust.

my son had a band competition about 40 miles away so I drove the Stang there. Got lots of complements and some people takin' pics. I didn't even bother to knock the dust off.
I do need to check my ALT of voltage regulator. It started acting funny on the way home tonight and battery was dead enough it wouldn't restart after I pulled in the garage.

Back