• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

"DougG69" said:
Driver's side shot is a 'before'... passenger side shot is 'after'... with 620s minus 1/2 coil and 4.5 leaf mid-eyes.
Note to self: Read...don't just look at the pictures :censored

Changed my cooling system from a flex fan and standart radiator to a clutch fan with alu radiator.
All this thanks to the help from my buddy CMAYNA.....thanks Craig for watching after me .

I got the 93 in the garage so I can pull the trans
index.php

Nothing, I was going to replace the steering box and the wheel bearings but it has just been sitting in the driveway all day getting rained on. Kind of a mixed blessing.

Just gave a once in a lifetime a**chewin to my machinist Friday, 3 Months for a basic Bore and Line bore,surface and cam bearings. Today it is finally finished, So i Can finally buy pistons, I have the Crank/rods, And i'm excited to start putting it together, My first engine build.. :hide

The fastback came home on the back of a wrecker yesterday. Dead! Found out the fancy, high amp, American made alternator quit. 6 months old. Back on the road today!

"kb3" said:
The fastback came home on the back of a wrecker yesterday. Dead! Found out the fancy, high amp, American made alternator quit. 6 months old. Back on the road today!
Man, as soon as I got to "wrecker" in your first sentence I started to get sick to my stomach. So happy it was just an alternator problem!

"Horseplay" said:
Man, as soon as I got to "wrecker" in your first sentence I started to get sick to my stomach. So happy it was just an alternator problem!

Thanks. I have just always called them that. Better change my post to tow truck!

I uncovered the mustang and showed it to my neighbor. Turns out be works for Miller welding, and he is getting a welder today. He is going to help me fix my frame rails after back to school is over.

I started moving around the garage again as per wife's orders and stir crazyness taking over. Fixed my welder on Tuesday with the new gun and hose and started working back on the passenger door. Was going to look for a replacement that needs a skin. Guess what,One thing lead to another and I finished off the worst part of it today. I welded it from the backside as it made it easier to grind the welds down. Hands were a bit shaky from nerves.A little grinding and it'll be good to go. The small holes I'll just float some bronze filler rod into and grind and go from there. Felt really good to be back out there today and tomorrow after I change the oil in the Magnum, I'll put the finish welds on what I did today and fix the flange on the corner and get the skin going on.
20120824-130812.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

I have been trying to find the cause of the vibration in the front of the Diamond Blue coupe. Had the tire rebalanced (they said they needed it). Dove home on the highway and still felt it. Replace the driver side front wheel bearings. Success, no vibration.

Next on the list is replace the steering gearbox so it does not feel loosey-goosey.

Nothing on mine... Ronda's got the windows tinted, a GOOD wash, ordered the rear splashguards and a nice set of floormats. :thu

Legal 35% tint:
file-7.jpg

Modifying a set of Lower Control Arms for my 68 Coupe with a 351W. Can you believe that my son had to go to work and can not do my welding. I thought I had trained him better!

I did nothing except my weekend daily drive of 13 miles to exercise the car. No drips, no runs, no errors.

Picked up the new motor, will get it installed this coming long weekend.

Back