• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

Add one more to the list of those braving the heat today in order to get something done. I got the battery tray reinforcement fabbed up, the holes drilled in the toe board for the front parking brake cable mount and speedo cable, and got the brake proportioning valve bolted up. I also got the nut insert made to repair the one pulled out in the drivers door jamb which holds the fender bracket. I took it all in small steps then I'd run inside and cool off for a bit. While I got things ready to weld up, I just couldn't bring myself to do it....not in this heat! It stayed over 100deg for most of the day until around 6pm. That's when I thought I could really get something done because clouds rolled in. WRONG! :rant

Due to the extreme heat all day it created a nice storm over the lake which rolled my way. We started getting wind storms ahead of the rain with some "nice" little micro bursts of wind. It'd hit about 55-60mph right outta nowhere! I ended up packing it all in for the day. Hopefully I'll get an early start tomorrow morning when it's still a little cooler outside!

it was 107 here again today, so didn't do much outside. washed the dust off the car & drove it to the end of the street & back real quick. still have a soft pedal issue to sort out. think it may be related to those rear calipers i've had so much trouble setting up. pedal goes down about 2/3 of the way before they grab. also took a few pics outside. i'm MUCH happier with the new stance & wheel/tire sizes! never was happy with the way it looked with the other set.

before:
IMG_2201.jpg

after:
IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

Though I didn't get outside early today, I did the opposite and went out a little later in the day. The heat didn't seem to be quit as bad as yesterday. I went ahead sucked it up to get my welding projects done from yesterday. I got also got the fixed bracket for the right front fender welded on to the replaced right fender apron. With that in place I bolted the airbox and silencer in place to make sure everything fit like it should. Everything fit nice with several inches of clearance between the front of the airbox silencer and the front splash shield. Just a few little odds and ends left to tidy up in the engine compartment and front in order to finish cleaning and priming! I can't wait for that to happen. I can drop the motor and trans back in, as well as the front suspension so I can fab all the lines and place wiring! :thu

Did an oil change on the Mustang We took on the Power Tour. Looks like we used about a quart over the last 5K miles.

I can see some brake fluid seep at the rear of the Master Cylinder. Need to check that out next.

I hooked up my fuel sending unit wire. It works. I guessed that I had used about 6 gals. and the gauge read 5/8. I hope it reads fairly accurate down near 1/4.

Patched up a rust hole in the passenger side drip rail...and the bigger hole underneath it in the A pillar.

Attachments

• 2012-07-06-1b.JPG
    648.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2012-07-07-1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 2012-07-07-2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
Ordered a quartz clock conversion.

Got an estimate to remove & re-stripe the 'mach 1' decals.

Yesterday I threw the new bright red 'running horse' rubber floor mats in and installed the clip-on splash guards from NPD. Tested up to about 75 mph with good results. I kept pulling over & checking to see if they were still there :)

I also finally pulled the driver's seat out of the car so I could get to that crooked stuck screw and get it out so I could put the new seat stops in. I'm itching to reupholster those puppies but the old Mustang Fund needs to recouperate a little first.

Spent the weekend doing all those boring little misc things to get the motor ready to run: stabbed the Unilite, my mechanic adjusted the valves, hooked up coil, installed alternator, rad, fan, fuel line to pimp, starter, all hoses, oil, H2O. Waiting on plug wires, but I do see progress.
motor2-4.jpg

Sorry, it should be P-u-m-p. I had just visited Daily Thong, and my mind was elsewhere.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
i like your helper under the car peeking around the left header!!

You saw that, huh? JohnPro's checking my header clearance.

Took my 73 Vert on it's first major road trip since the roller block transplant. I went 300 miles round-trip (mostly highway speeds of 70+). The car ran well but I admit I was nervous the whole time: Did I secure the block correctly? Will the carb studs work loose? Will my fuel pump stop working? Will my dizzy gear disintegrate? etc., etc., etc......

Got home and checked the fluids all was good. I'll lift the car sometime this week and check that all bolts are secure etc.

'While I'm At It' strikes again...

Pulled the dash pad out of the Mach 1 today before work.

It all started with wanting to hook up my reverse lights. Got to checking out the 4-terminal Neutral/Safety/backup light connector in the engine bay and noticed one of the terminals was busted. Ordered a replacement from Midlife. Decided to take his advice and try to splice from the cabin side rather than the firewall side.

So while I'm at it... I figured it's a good time to install the LED taillight kit so I can install the flashers (need grounded).

And I might as well do that quartz clock conversion I've been thinking about for a while.

Wouldn't hurt to polish that lens up on the clock.

Or take the clock panel all apart and clean it up and use the silver leaf pen on it like I did with the driver's side instrument cluster.

Oh yeah... need to replace that cracked plastic windshield pillar trim on the driver's side while the dash is out and I can get to the screws!

"DougG69" said:
'While I'm At It' strikes again...

Pulled the dash pad out of the Mach 1 today before work.

It all started with wanting to hook up my reverse lights. Got to checking out the 4-terminal Neutral/Safety/backup light connector in the engine bay and noticed one of the terminals was busted. Ordered a replacement from Midlife. Decided to take his advice and try to splice from the cabin side rather than the firewall side.

So while I'm at it... I figured it's a good time to install the LED taillight kit so I can install the flashers (need grounded).

And I might as well do that quartz clock conversion I've been thinking about for a while.

Wouldn't hurt to polish that lens up on the clock.

Or take the clock panel all apart and clean it up and use the silver leaf pen on it like I did with the driver's side instrument cluster.

Oh yeah... need to replace that cracked plastic windshield pillar trim on the driver's side while the dash is out and I can get to the screws!

At this rate, you'll end up repainting the car...

Not declaring victory "yet", but charged the A/C in the Saleen today, including leak dye. Once I replaced the defective low pressure switch, it was behaving normal, and blowing cold. Now, I'll drive it a bit and see if it leaks down again... :roul

Got the quartz clock conversion done Friday. Also got the clock panel touched up with some fresh paint & ran the silver leaf pen over the 'chrome' parts.

clock%20panel_800x.jpg

Got the Neutral Safety/backup light harness connector replaced Saturday. Did the splicing on the cabin side to hide the repair. Not the most fun I've ever had on a Saturday but it felt good to get it done.

Got the LED taillight kit & flashers installed today. Well, I guess Sunday is yesterday now. Got the windshield pillars done & got the dash buttoned back up as well.

Man was it hot in the garage. Waited until 9:00 pm to take a quick spin since it had cooled all the way down to 87 by then :guns

Back