• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Favorite "Car Guy" Movie

Vanishing point is the best BUT...

Mowtown Mustang IS GREAT- Shows the life of a 65 vert from assembly to death/revival with a twist at the end

Born To Run- 1970 Mach 1 Drag race movie Lots of cool cars Horrible acting

Death Race-Newer mustang Cheesy

Death Proof-Charger/mustang/challenger/nova LONG

mad max/Road Warrior Also ties with my top spot.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Used Cars
I have probably watched that movie more times than any other---frickin funny---"these prices are TOO effin high" bloohey!---I should have listed this one also--- the end was kinda the low point of it.

"Flysure1" said:
I have probably watched that movie more times than any other---frickin funny---"these prices are TOO effin high" bloohey!---I should have listed this one also--- the end was kinda the low point of it.

Come on now, fess up. You just keep watchin it for the part in super bowl commercial scene with the disrobed model! :thu

Re: Re: Favorite "Car Guy" Movie

"Flysure1" said:

I'd never seen it till my wife said she had a copy. Funny flick, but yea, the ending is kinda meh.

"70_Fastback" said:
I CAN'T believe no one has listed the Fast-n-Furious movies.... :bowdown
One did get a nod. The second, I believe. Not a fan and would never never have seen the first if not for my son telling me about the Charger in it. Would have appreciated if he told me all I had to do was watch the very end though!

"Horseplay" said:
One did get a nod. The second, I believe. Not a fan and would never never have seen the first if not for my son telling me about the Charger in it. Would have appreciated if he told me all I had to do was watch the very end though!

I was actually being sarcastic with "Too Fast Too Furious" and "The Wraith" for that matter. I will admit that Fast Five (the 5th fast and furious) was a pretty good flick with a lot less ricers, a lot more muscle cars, and a plot!

"jmbour66" said:
I was actually being sarcastic with "Too Fast Too Furious" and "The Wraith" for that matter. I will admit that Fast Five (the 5th fast and furious) was a pretty good flick with a lot less ricers, a lot more muscle cars, and a plot!
Thanks to you I spent the better part of an hour yesterday watching Youtube clips of The Wraith. I had never seen or heard of it before. After watching some of it I wish I never had.

"Horseplay" said:
Thanks to you I spent the better part of an hour yesterday watching Youtube clips of The Wraith. I had never seen or heard of it before. After watching some of it I wish I never had.
I saw that on VHS when I was around 12 and couldnt believe how terrible it was.

"KTJMcG" said:
How bout Cannonball with David Carrdine.

Excellent flick. There's one scene where Carradine is loaned a 69 fastback. They pop the hood and cut to a chromed-out SBC. Oops.

"Horseplay" said:

My sincerest apologies for the mislead. I really thought that by including Too Fast Too Furious it would be obvious my intent. I was using a tablet yesterday and could not post :sarc through Tap-A-Talk. I owe you a beer! :beer

I watched "Drive" on netflix yesterday. Kinda a car movie... there were some weak chase scenes and a new Mustang (along with a few muscle cars that never move). It did have boobs too so that helped. Weird movie.

"DEL65" said:
Excellent flick. There's one scene where Carradine is loaned a 69 fastback. They pop the hood and cut to a chromed-out SBC. Oops.

The movie theater we saw it in went nuts when the hood got popped. I just looked it up on IMDB, Martin Scorsese, Roger Corman.and Sylvester Stalone were in it.

"jmbour66" said:
I agree. I watched it a couple of months ago and at the end I remembering saying to myself: huh.

At least you made it to the end.

Drive Angry was another one. The end should have had Cage driving back to hell in an Eleanor.

Back