• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Favorite "Car Guy" Movie

Most of my favorites were already mentioned.
I will add

Tucker.
Mad Max.
The Italian job.
Canonball run.

"stangg" said:
Not sure if Bullit counts... I was never much of a movie goer, but before cable one of the UHF channels would do a Clint Eastwood movie week and I always watched Bullit on our 19" black and white tv. I am a car guy, just not much of a movie guy.

Not sure what Bullitt and Clint Eastwood movie week has in common but you said it "just not much of a movie guy".

For me it would be Vanishing Point...then Gran Prix.

"KBMWRS" said:
Not sure what Bullitt and Clint Eastwood movie week has in common but you said it "just not much of a movie guy".

In the other thread where folks are showing their other classic cars I put a pic of my '65 El Camino up. Terry asked if that was the same car the Newbomb's Brother had... I had no idea what that meant until I googled it. His response was that I must not be a car guy if I didn't know that... Just stating that I'm more into cars than a movie watcher, yet the movie I always strived to watch as a kid was Bullitt...

The other movie I just thought of was Duel with Dennis Hopper... the whole movie is the big rig chasing the little 4 door Valiant..

"stangg" said:
In the other thread where folks are showing their other classic cars I put a pic of my '65 El Camino up. Terry asked if that was the same car the Newbomb's Brother had... I had no idea what that meant until I googled it. His response was that I must not be a car guy if I didn't know that... Just stating that I'm more into cars than a movie watcher, yet the movie I always strived to watch as a kid was Bullitt...

The other movie I just thought of was Duel with Dennis Hopper... the whole movie is the big rig chasing the little 4 door Valiant..
That was Dennis Weaver, not Dennis Hopper. And yes, that is a classic movie directed by Steven Spielberg before he was famous.

"stangg" said:

I have to think all the guys here have seen Duel but if you haven't it is another must see. There have been a few variants of it since but it remains the best of it's genre.

BTW, I hope your weren't offended by my comment. I simply meant that a "car guy" has to see Hollywood Knights. Too many cool cars, etc to miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MtAMc4i8OA

"Horseplay" said:
I have to think all the guys here have seen Duel but if you haven't it is another must see. There have been a few variants of it since but it remains the best of it's genre.

BTW, I hope your weren't offended by my comment. I simply meant that a "car guy" has to see Hollywood Knights. Too many cool cars, etc to miss.

That is the one I was trying to remember the name of. It scared the crap out of me as a kid. That truck seemed so menacing to me, and they treated it like it was alive, not really focusing on the driver of the big rig.

LeMans is another one. King of the Mountian with Dennis Hopper is one about the racers on Muholland Dr.. The Last Ride on TBS with Dennis Hopper was nothing more than an infomercial for the new GTO.

"stangg" said:

Okay...still what does Clint Eastwood movie week have to do with it all? ah nevermind...I guess you were just commenting about Bullitt and Clint came to mind.

"Horseplay" said:

I was very offended.

Corvette Summer with Mark Hamil.

Smokey and the bandit.

Gone in 60 seconds (both)

American Graffiti.

Pretty much sums it up for me!

I like the car chases in Bullet but that movie is beyond boring.

Mel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

"tarafied1" said:
so far a pretty good list, seen all of those I think. Must add Gumball Rally, saw that as a kid.

i013365.jpg

Yes The Gumball rally is the one that I was going to mention after all of those other great car movies. Love the scene towards the end of the movie the Cobra and Ferrari are accelerating next to each other and the Cobra is walking away from the Ferrari.

fd

WOW! You guys don't leave much room to add anything! Just when I thought one of my favorite car guy movies wasn't listed, I'd scroll down a little ways and there it was (Corvette Summer and Vanishing Point to name a couple!). I did think of several though that I really liked due to the cars; Thunderball, Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever (notice a "theme" there?). Not only cool James Bond movies, but also had some cool feature scenes with Mustangs! :thu

Back