• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Went for a drive....1500 miles

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So last week my wife went to Chicago for family business and I had a week to waste so I went for a drive. 4 days of cruising the west. Here are some pics.

Some of the destruction of the forest due to the big fires we had in the Sierras. This is on Hwy 108
P1240497_zpstg3kkxim.jpg

A view at the top
P1240511_zpswxyzxhpl.jpg

On the east side of Hwy 108 is the winter training base of USMC. There are class areas in the woods with bleachers and sometimes soldiers will be climbing past you as you drive by. This is the base
P1240522_zpsxpp0gkp7.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics mike ! Although a small vid of one of those choppers when taking of would be nice ??
BTW , if you have too much free time , come over and help me finishing my stang.:rolleyes:

Sure...send me a airline ticket and I'll be there.

Mono Lake
P1240539_zpstnsemfvb.jpg

Nice road for some speed.....150 to be exact
P1240542_zps7klebpyg.jpg

A solar collector near Tonopah, NV
P1240551_zpsaig2yegx.jpg

Last edited:
Nice that solar collector !! Advantage when you have enough "room".
Here in Belgium is hard to put up a windmill due to regulations and space.

Regarding an airline ticket ........I don't drive a beasty corvette :p:p

Hell, you can't even raise a stink in Belgium without the authorities getting on your case...
Nice photos, Mikey! I used to work on MH-53 helicopters.

What does that sign means ?? EXTRATERRESTRIAL HIGHWAY and an image of that spy plane ??
He could land on your cars roof ???

BTW nice pic of that landscape with the vette.

Now you can see why american cars only drive good in a straight line ! :rolleyes::D:D:D

Old rumors of more than one viewing of a alien space ship along this highway. There is a bar close by called Little AleInn...with a small flying saucer on a tow hook of a tow truck. And those straight-aways are great for speed but we have plenty of twisties...which I also drove. Seems we have lots of mountains over here too.

I even called Mel (Guruatbol) to see if I could stop by his house...he was in Colorado for work.:(

Zion National Park
P1240619_zpstihxxl9l.jpg

P1240632_zpsk4vxveus.jpg

P1240620_zps9b2x5l1m.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great road trip with a lot of beautiful scenery.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

So last week my wife went to Chicago for family business and I had a week to waste so I went for a drive. 4 days of cruising the west. Here are some pics.

Some of the destruction of the forest due to the big fires we had in the Sierras. This is on Hwy 108

A view at the top

On the east side of Hwy 108 is the winter training base of USMC. There are class areas in the woods with bleachers and sometimes soldiers will be climbing past you as you drive by. This is the base
Is that highway west of Hawthorne? I had driven by there coming back from Fallon, Nevada. The road was closed because the road crew was blasting something with dynamite

That HUD is pretty cool, also showing that you are driving and taking pictures. o_O I do the same thing. :eek:

fd

Back