• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Trouble won Gold today!

I found out today that Trouble earned 492 points out of a possible 500. You must have 490 points to earn Gold. Yay!!!

Do you know what your deductions were?
Yes, dirty windshield and back window (they were clean before I got to the show); paint nicks filled in; dirt on the radiator support and hoses (I don't get that one, they were clean); problems with the chrome on the fog lights and front bumper (agree); dirty lug nuts (nope, I cleaned them at the show). I can easily take care of half of those points before the next show.

Congratulations Laurie! Getting a gold at a national show is no small accomplishment. They really examine every aspect of your car. I had a '69 Corvette 427 coupe that was a numbers matching car. It had a Muncie M21 4 speed and that was about it. Sorta rare to find one that was 35 years old that was untampered. Anyway, I took it to a National Corvette Restoration Society judging. Before I took it I had spent the better part of a week under the car touching up finishes and making sure everything was clean. It took all day with five separate teams to judge exterior, interior, engine compartment, underside and functionality of all the buttons and switches. The car got a Top Flight rating by just a couple of points but I was as nervous as a cat all day. I had been through the Army Drill Instructor School at Ft. Ord, CA years before but I wasn't as nervous about those inspections as I was about the Corvette. I think I prefer car shows where they announce the results at the end.:)

Thanks! I'm repainting the passenger side rear quarter today to fix some problem areas. Trouble is going to the Oklahoma National Show over Labor Day weekend. I've already knocked off six of the eight point deductions it received. If my repaint goes okay, then that will take care of the last two points.

The paint turned out beautifully, but I'm struggling to get the shine back. Waiting on some more product today and another foam waffle buffing pad. I have a variety of products to try once I get it polished. I've done the first step with the compound.

Back