• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Take apart just to put back together

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So last week I start for the cruise and I look at my gas gauge and nothing. Needle on empty..past even. Odd I check my mileage and I should be good for another 100+. I head out. The fuel gauge stays at empty. The oil pressure gauge...well it doesn't work so on to the temp and its pegged at zero the whole trip.

The only thing I can think of is that the disconnect plug on the back of the panel that is loose or not connected.

So today I remove the steering wheel. disconnect the speedo and pull the panel out just a tad. I make sure the plug is well plugged. It is. Check the ignition switch and fuel gauge moves to full. Great.

Scrape my hand up connecting the speed again and screw the panel back in. Just before I reinstall the steering wheel I check the ignition switch again. Nothing. The fuel gauge doesn't move.

Loosen the panel again and wa-lla, ignition switch has the fuel gauge working. All back together and all is working again...except that oil gauge...but I know that.

Sometimes you just have to take it apart and put it back together.

I would blame it on the guy that worked on your wiper motor. He obviously was in way over his head!

Loosen the panel again and wa-lla, ignition switch has the fuel gauge working. All back together and all is working again...except that oil gauge...but I know that.

" et voila " not " wa-lla "

and yes , blame it on that guy !!!

I do not know which is worse, being screwed uo too tight and having a screw loose. I also blame the mechanic.

" et voila " not " wa-lla "

and yes , blame it on that guy !!!
Wa-lah
"Voila" for idiots.

"Voila" is French for "Look Here" but people who are clueless sometimes say or spell it "Wa-lah" because the French do not pronounce the "V" as clearly as English speakers would.
A - "Instead of buying Godiva chocolates, I scooped canned frosting out onto a plate. Wa-lah! Truffles!"
B - "Don't you mean 'Voila!'"
A - "That's what I said! 'Wa-lah!' Obviously you've never been to Paris, the City of Lights."
#wallah#french#white trash#dumb ass#sandra lee
by Buffyogabod December 20, 2007

A pegged gauge indicates a short to ground somewhere in the sending unit wire. Non-op gauges usually indicate no connection or a bad CVR. The combination of two gauges reading nothing and another being pegged is quite interesting. It's possible that the pegged gauge is just ever so slightly having its power post touching the metal dash cluster which shorts out the system. Something to check...
On a 69, I'd say there was a problem with your circuit card, but you don't have a 69.
It could be jealousy of the Crovette housed in the same garage.

Wa-lah
"Voila" for idiots.

"Voila" is French for "Look Here" but people who are clueless sometimes say or spell it "Wa-lah" because the French do not pronounce the "V" as clearly as English speakers would.
A - "Instead of buying Godiva chocolates, I scooped canned frosting out onto a plate. Wa-lah! Truffles!"
B - "Don't you mean 'Voila!'"
A - "That's what I said! 'Wa-lah!' Obviously you've never been to Paris, the City of Lights."
#wallah#french#white trash#dumb ass#sandra lee
by Buffyogabod December 20, 2007
I can't help but notice any time someone spells it "viola".

Why would you ever drive it with a non-functioning oil pressure gauge? Fix that before something happens and you suffer serious engine damage.

Beyond any snarky comments about a "loose nut behind the wheel", Mike's car has the factory tach with the oil pressure idiot light, IIRC Mike with the help of Craig repurposed a small diameter gauge from some other car to become an oil pressure gauge to fill the clock spot on the dash. Can't recall if his original oil idiot light is still functioning. To his credit, he is becoming quite adept at instrument cluster removal!! LOL

Yeah not sure why it doesn't work. I think I have the correct sender at the oil filter.

Back