• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

strut rods questions

Fst Blk

John, what is your take on this adjustable strut rod. My particular question is about the attachment to the strut rod brace.
http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/suspension-articles/480549-adjustable-strut-rods.html

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

Bill

"B67FSTB" said:
I do hope that the strut rod doesn't interfere with the sway bar ?? :confu

Looks like all of them are close to the sway bar from pics I have found.
Bill

If it helps any I made my own similar to Daze design http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/adjustable but went one size up with everything. His were for a '65/'66, I went up to 3/4" heims and larger clevis as I didn't want to cut down my strut rods anymore than necessary. With this mount I didn't have to drill any holes, it mounted up to the stock mounting.
IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

I don't understand how he 'saved a lot of money' compared to the Daze mount? The clevis is only $15-$20 and a much cleaner setup IMO.
Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
"Jonk67" said:
If it helps any I made my own similar to Daze design http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/adjustable but went one size up with everything. His were for a '65/'66, I went up to 3/4" heims and larger clevis as I didn't want to cut down my strut rods anymore than necessary. With this mount I didn't have to drill any holes, it mounted up to the stock mounting.
IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

I don't understand how he 'saved a lot of money' compared to the Daze mount? The clevis is only $15-$20 and a much cleaner setup IMO.
Jon

Where did you pick up the clevis's at?
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
That will work. The Cobra Automotive guys mount them that way but they remove the stock strut rod mounting point and locate the through bolt there ( at the point where the " slab " goes from side to side ). They also seam weld and weld a large washer on the outside to add support to the strut rod mount. If I were to do anything more to it, I would seam weld and weld some support like a large washer to the outside to keep the area from cracking. The pivot point on yours is just about where the Sort strut pivots. It's a bit farther back than stock but works.

I have the TCP on the 67. seems OK, but hte car must have either been wrecked or raced hard. It has a tough time getting the right side aligned correctly.

I do like them. I will likely install them in the 65 too.

Mel

"Opentracker" said:
That will work. The Cobra Automotive guys mount them that way but they remove the stock strut rod mounting point and locate the through bolt there ( at the point where the " slab " goes from side to side ). They also seam weld and weld a large washer on the outside to add support to the strut rod mount. If I were to do anything more to it, I would seam weld and weld some support like a large washer to the outside to keep the area from cracking. The pivot point on yours is just about where the Sort strut pivots. It's a bit farther back than stock but works.

Thanks John.
Bill

Back