• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

still won't start

lol Mid....I probably wouldn't have held it against you.

After all the testing we had finally eliminated pretty much everything else.

Had it narrowed down to the carb or timing. It shouldnt have been loose enough to turn but I kind of had the flu when the motor was delivered and had a buddy helping me out. Not sure exactly how the distr got bumped but stuff happens I suppose. Just glad its running again.

"Fast68back" said:
choke ground? Bolted to the engine it shouldnt need a ground wire, it should be a positive 12V, no?

The bi-metal spring doesn't make good contact with the base of the carb without the ground wire. The ground wire should be hooked to one of the choke housing screws.

"AzPete" said:
Great news.....now we can all relax and have a cold one.....

Crap.... we were supposed to have stopped drinking during this event?

Why am I always the last to know about stuff?

No, no, no, Dave, it is time to RELAX......that being the key word. Always enjoy the cold ones....

Happy to hear it is alive!

I am glad you got it figured out.

Do you know more about timing now?

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
Happy to hear it is alive!

I am glad you got it figured out.

Do you know more about timing now?

Mel

Some more yes, but it still confuses me because it isn't something you do every day to say the least. Before the engine install a few months back I hadn't thought about timing on a car since about 1990 when I helped a buddy of mine rebuild the motor in his Chevy truck.

Back