• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Something manly... Haggis!

2ndgen

09_35_5---Haggis_web.jpg

Ingredients

* 1 sheep stomach
* 1 sheep liver
* 1 sheep heart
* 1 sheep tongue
* 1/2 pound suet, minced
* 3 medium onions, minced
* 1/2 pound dry oats, toasted
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon dried ground herbs

Directions

Rinse the stomach thoroughly and soak overnight in cold salted water.

Rinse the liver, heart, and tongue. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook these parts over medium heat for 2 hours. Remove and mince. Remove any gristle or skin and discard.

In a large bowl, combine the minced liver, heart, tongue, suet, onions, and toasted oats. Season with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Moisten with some of the cooking water so the mixture binds. Remove the stomach from the cold salted water and fill 2/3 with the mixture. Sew or tie the stomach closed. Use a turning fork to pierce the stomach several times. This will prevent the haggis from bursting.

In a large pot of boiling water, gently place the filled stomach, being careful not to splash. Cook over high heat for 3 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes, if you serve it at all.

:weas

-Rory

Ok... this may be the first post to ever get deleted from StangFix. That is just farkin nasty looking & sounding. Looks like an albino turd too. Don't tell me that you have ever cooked that....

And LMAO @ Abe.

These are probably the same "guys" and I use that term loosely, that dog on boiled peanuts :eek:mg

I think this would be exempt from PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) laws, coz theres nothin tasy there

I had some AWESOME haggis in Edinburgh when we visited there 6 years ago. It was removed from the casing and cooked like ground innards. oops. beef.

It was spicy as hell too! yum!

WTFhave we come to here!!!!!Haggis? Hell I get a fugged up taste in my mouth just saying it. Geez Louise, That just can't be good. I don't care what anyone says. It can't be. :barf

There is a sweet bread pudding type of Haggis for a dessert dish.

I am going to make this but with a twist. After it is cooked, I am going to grill it to add flavor....

MMMMM, Haggis!

Mel

haggis would have to go in the same category with chilled monkey brains.... (remember "faces of death" back in the 80's ???)

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
haggis would have to go in the same category with chilled monkey brains.... (remember "faces of death" back in the 80's ???)

Yes I do, that's one vision I can't seem to remove :ep

OK,
I have now seen the most disgusting food in my life. It will take years to get that image out of my head.

My wife is out fo town so i thought i would find a recipe for dinner tonight. I read this and now im not hungry anymore.

First,
Where in gods green earth would I find a sheep stomach?

"ClassicRecreations" said:
First,
Where in gods green earth would I find a sheep stomach?

it's about an arms length down from the mouth. you could find it thru the back door, but would probably be messy & i wouldn't recommend it.... :scar

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
you could find it thru the back door, but would probably be messy & i wouldn't recommend it.... :scar

Send Mid a PT, I'm sure he can give you pointers :ecit

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
it's about an arms length down from the mouth. you could find it thru the back door, but would probably be messy & i wouldn't recommend it.... :scar

:10 :10 :10 :10 :10 :10

THAT is some funny shart, right there!!!!!

:ss :ss :ss

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:

LMAO

Back