• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seat Track Extensions

janschutz

Corn Hauler
A few years ago, I made some seat track extensions to give me more leg room. I only put them in the dark blue coupe. I had some old seat tracks taking up shelf space and thought I needed to get another pair done.

Before
468-270514174143-4171595.jpeg

After disassembly and sand blasting.
468-270514174143-4191845.jpeg

Next I will be painting some of the parts and digging through the scrap bin for some angle iron.

I have time now to get back to this. Removed a pair of the seat track that I have already modified. There will be a few changes to make install easier, but the overall design is the same.
ST1.JPG
ST2.JPG
ST3.JPG
ST4.JPG

Tonight I will give them to my son Steven to fabricate the bracket.

Steven made me some brackets (4 sets but I only need 2). The top one is chrome powder coated and the bottom is a semi-flat black What do y'all think of the 2 finishes? He did the chrome just to try out the chrome powder.

Hope fully I can assemble them this week.
ST5.JPG

My experience with the chrome powder coat is that it doesn't keep the reflective shine over the long term. I had several parts done that looked just like your pic that now just look like a satin silver. They still look ok, just no brilliance to them anymore.

I will have to check when Steven ( my son and my machinist) gets back from the Miss Oklahoma event. He is the technical director for it.

Back