• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seat Belt Retractors

PNYGTA

Hello fellow mustangers.

I have a 66 GT coupe with Pony Interior, when I first received the car it did not have rear seat belts, turned out the rear belts were being used in the front, so I swapped them back and purchased a set that was close to original, they are the deluxe belts from a different year model, I think 67/68.

I want to fit the original style retractors, from what I can gather the retractors for a 65 or 66 have the same mechanism, only difference is the 66 had a colour coded boot/cover.

My questions are, was this actually the case for 65/66 cars, and are the 66 style available and if so from where.

Cheers

PNYGTA
(Lara, Australia)

I just sent a set of 66 seat belts to a new company in Texas called Python restorations, Snake oil wanted over 800.00 to do them and this company said they would be about 40 % less.

I've used Python for a while now. They have done great work on everything I've sent them. Their customer service is great too.

Over the years I had used Snake Oyl lots of times. The product was always great, but the time and cost was always tough to swallow.

Doug

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Back