• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sanderson Hot Rod Headers....update

AzPete

I am purchasing a set of new, in the box headers from another StangFixer for a decent price. Problem is, they did not fit my car as advertised by the listed company. Soooo.....I called Sanderson about the fit issues and was told they were not the headers I needed. I need the upgraded model. The company rep said no problem....return them and we will exchange them for the set I need. I explained that I was not the original purchaser, had no idea who was, and no receipt....and the reply was still....you ship them to us and we will swap them...... Sent them out this am.

Of course, I checked with the StangFixer that I bought them from and he said no problem........I can even wait to pay him once I know all is going right. Good service amongst these board members for sure.

Sanderson's kind of customer service is really unheard of in todays world.

Should know in a couple of weeks how it follows thru based on shipping times.

Re: Sanderson Hot Rod Headers....

Now when I drive over to Sanderson and tell them the real truth :shee about you Pete, their kindness might suddenly go south....

Called Sanderson yesterday just to alert them to the headers arrival scheduled for today. Jeremy, their rep, said no problem and asked if the ones I was sending were coated. I said yes and he said it would take a couple days to get my new set coated as they coat them per order.

Sounds like a good thing so far.

The new headers have arrived.......nice and pretty. No cost to me except the shippiong to return the wrong ones.

This is what I bought for a good price from a StangFix member....did not fit, never installed.
FF3_300.jpg

This is what they replaced for an even swap.....both are coated....
FF3GTS_300.jpg

Hopefully, they will go on in the next week or so unless the car sells.

This is what I bought for a good price from a StangFix member....did not fit, never installed.

Those look like Sanderson PN FF3. I had a pair on my 302 way back when. The guy at the muffler place had a hell of a time fitting the exhaust up. And the welds on the headers near the collector eventually failed. Had I known as much about welding then as I do now I would've sent 'em back when I received them (look for welds that have been dressed down with a grinder, that's how you polish a turd in the welding world). The new design looks better, especially how the #8 tube ties into the collector (reminds me of the $99 Hedmans I replaced my FF3s with). It also sounds like the economy has improved their customer service. Good luck and let us know how they run!

Robert

Well, we attempted to install the new headers. Started with the left side and found the front tube actually made contact with the lower portion of the shock tower. Checked all the mounts and found nothing wrong. Engine seemed to sit at the correct level also.

Called Sanderson and asked about the problem. They have no idea because they install those all the time with no problems. They ask about the labeling of the box and the style info engraved on the header flanges. Find out they are still the wrong headers.........damn. It appears they sent me a set for a 351 engine. Funny though, the left header is the identical unit for the 302 and the 351. The right one is the difference in the set and I still was having issues with the left side. Came to the conclusion that a new set would not help. They did say that the 351 heads on a 289 might have confused their replacing them with the correct set.

They did say with the proper info, they could make up a set to fit around the problem area. I declined at this point because I am just tired of this hassle. I will sell the car as is or install some hipo manifolds if it becomes a selling issue.

I will return the headers to the person on here I was dealing with and will only be out some shipping.

Only complaint with Sanderson Headers is the mix up in the replacement set.....but even the correct set would not have fit for some odd reason. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a good company for headers.

I purchase a set of Sanderson headers at one of the local Good Guys shows and waited several weeks for their arrival. Upon test fitting them, I found that the passenger side contacted the starter and would not bolt up. I contacted Sanderson, and they said they would replace it with the correct header. I have been waiting nearly 6 weeks for the replacement and each time I call, they tell me they are getting ready to ship them in a day or two. They are a great product, and while they offered to replace it at no charge, their delay in making it right is unacceptable. I told them either send them out or refund my money!

WOW.....never had that problem. cmayna (Craig) is close to them. Might have him see what is up since he is bored with no car to tinker on.

"AzPete" said:
WOW.....never had that problem. cmayna (Craig) is close to them. Might have him see what is up since he is bored with no car to tinker on.

I remember seeing at least one other person having trouble with their delays in shipping. Maybe I can get Craig to show up in the Mankini and threaten them!

Re: Re: Sanderson Hot Rod Headers....update

"kb3" said:
I remember seeing at least one other person having trouble with their delays in shipping. Maybe I can get Craig to show up in the Mankini and threaten them!

That was probably me you are thinking about. I bought the set Pete had. They didn't clear the AOD. So I called sanderson and they said to send them in for an exchange. It took about 3 months to get them. Every time I called they said they were about to ship them, then I would wait a few weeks and call again. I did eventually get them.

I haven't finished the exhaust yet, but they seem to clear everything.
They are a nice set of headers.

"RapidRabbit" said:
That was probably me you are thinking about. I bought the set Pete had. They didn't clear the AOD. So I called sanderson and they said to send them in for an exchange. It took about 3 months to get them. Every time I called they said they were about to ship them, then I would wait a few weeks and call again. I did eventually get them.

yep...thought it was you. At least they are consistent with their excuses. I think I will call again tomorrow and see if I can speak to someone with authority to make it right.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I haven't finished the exhaust yet, but they seem to clear everything.
They are a nice set of headers.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

"RapidRabbit" said:

so... how do they sound Pat? :nut

Back