• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Returning products..non-auto related

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
I guess I'm on a roll...for bad and good concerning non-auto related products.

While on my trip my prescription sunglasses just decided to pop/break while we were at 10-11,000 feet. Odd.
They were from an outfit called Shady Rays. I e-mailed them when I returned, being nice and asking what could be done. They said send them back and they will move the lenses over to a new frame and return. No cost.

And when I returned I had to wash the Vette. Well the hose I used started spraying from the metal connector. I actually had the receipt from years ago and the packaging cardboard stating a lifetime warranty. So off it goes to get e new one in return.

And lastly My Epson printer did a firmware update which would no longer recognize the non-Epson ink cartridges. So I e-mailed LD Products about that fact and was told a new cartridge is available and they will send me all new ink to match what I have of theirs.

I like companies that stand behind their products.

On the opposite side I contacted WD40 about a can with no propellent. They sent me a coupon which no store UPC reader could read. Walmart actually brought security up thinking I was passing a illegal coupon. I called WD40 and they responded with another coupon. Again the UPC code would not scan. So I wrote WD40 about it and returned their coupons.

NEVER heard from them in 6 months.

Sometimes you lose...sometimes you win.

That's pretty good.

Nowadays with social media so heavy it's even more important for companies to take care of their customers. One bad experience and the word spreads fast.

On the other hand you rarely hear people pass on good experiences, so thanks for posting.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Where did you buy the WD40? Why not take it there as defective? I return to the Depot, Lowe’s without any problem. :rolleyes:

fd

Big question in my mind is why buy WD40 in the first place?

Good companies stand behind their products. Even most bad ones do to a point. As Pat eluded earlier, its much cheaper to silence (satisfy) the few than have them influence the many with negative press. That's the sad reality. Most "good" companies aren't doing the right thing because it's right. They do it to avoid fallout.

What is another product like WD40...be glad to change brands.
Have a look at Silicone Spray. No residue like WD40 and no smell. The best stuff is what the wife uses on her sewing table, its food grade. a little dearer but excellent quality

It's important to remember WD40 is not a lubricant. At least not in terms of any lasting ability. It is good for cleaning up rusty bits and such but any lubricity is short lived and not the intended function. Silicone can be useful but it has some negative aspects as well including it wears off quickly and can also collect dirt and become quite "gummy". Good old fashioned oil like the brand 3 in 1 is still a great go to for lubricating moving parts.

I'm still trying to find something I like in a spray lubricant for all the rollers on my garage door. I used to use an industry specific aerosol gel lube that was quite good and never ran out of the bearings but used up the last years ago and the company that made it seems to be long gone

It's important to remember WD40 is not a lubricant. At least not in terms of any lasting ability. It is good for cleaning up rusty bits and such but any lubricity is short lived and not the intended function. Silicone can be useful but it has some negative aspects as well including it wears off quickly and can also collect dirt and become quite "gummy". Good old fashioned oil like the brand 3 in 1 is still a great go to for lubricating moving parts.

I'm still trying to find something I like in a spray lubricant for all the rollers on my garage door. I used to use an industry specific aerosol gel lube that was quite good and never ran out of the bearings but used up the last years ago and the company that made it seems to be long gone

This stuff works great!

f5e83fb3a4d500953458057775561949.jpg

Mark

Back