• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ORP roller idler

tarafied1

I finally got around to installing the ORP roller idler I bought a while back. Wow what an improvement!!! I might not need PS after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396990000.644824.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396990000.644824.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 85
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396990024.695872.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396990024.695872.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 78
Boy, it takes some people sooo long to come around ;-)

Mark

Sent from my semi-smart phone

"msell66" said:
Boy, it takes some people sooo long to come around ;-)

Mark

Sent from my semi-smart phone
I'm doing it like Johnny Cash, "one piece at a time" !

I have had the roller perches for a couple years now and love those. I bought some springs from him and then the bolts that replace the eccentric on the LCA's also a couple years ago. I bought the idler first of the year but just put it on today. Next I think I want the strut rods...

I have a PS car but converted it to manual in the 90's when I put in the first BBF. I still had skinny bias ply tires on the front until about 2006 or 2007. It became really hard to steer when I went with the low profile wide radial tires on the front. This roller idler makes a huge difference!!! :yah

I don't think they free it up as much as it adds rigidity and the ability to adjust caster much easier. I'm sure it does let it all move easier, but to what extent, I'm not sure.

so would you agree they would be my next big bang for the buck modification on suspension?
I have the Arning drop, roller perches, 620 springs, 1" anti-sway bar, eccentric eliminators and now the roller idler.
I am just driving it on the street but I drive it a lot so I want it to feel tight, responsive and reliable.

I kinda wish they would have called them roller strut rods. That rod end at the front does a lot and works every mile you drive the car. The adjust-ability is nice too but you only do that once. The 67-73 cars came from the factory with adjustable strut rods .

What they do is stop the lower arm from moving backward under braking and on rough road conditions. So, you don't loose your caster and there isn't any toe angle change - Win / Win . You'll notice more driver feedback in the steering wheel and that is always a good thing.

"Opentracker" said:
What they do is stop the lower arm from moving backward under braking and on rough road conditions. So, you don't loose your caster and there isn't any toe angle change - Win / Win . You'll notice more driver feedback in the steering wheel and that is always a good thing.
that's a huge plus. I drive on a lot of rough country roads. The car feels like it might have a little "bump steer" when I'm on a rough road and in a curve. Will it help that too of should I also opt for the bump steer kit for the tie rod ends?

Back