• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FORSALE One-Of-A-Kind F-86D Full Size Flight Simulator

68stang289

Custom hand-built flight simulator modeled after a F-86D. My uncle designed and built this for me while I was young as I wanted to be a fighter pilot. It has been featured on the front page of newspapers and is truly a one-of-a-kind piece. The gauges such as the altimeter, flaps, flight horizon gyroscope with adjustable horizon, airspeed indicator, scanning radar, rudder pedals and fuel all work in unison. There is a selection for missiles, bombs and machine guns with corresponding noises when items are fired. The cockpit seat is fully adjustable so if you need more or less legroom, that is no problem. The radar scans and shows "targets". The simulator is set up for a microphone, headset jack and fresh air line vented to the exterior. I can potentially include the custom designed flight helmet and air mask with the purchase if you would like as well.

As my uncle was a brilliant and methodical man, the full electrical board schematics and build sheets from the designer and builder will be included with the sale. The nose and side panels come off easily for maintenance or access to any of the electronic boards, fuses, gauges, etc. This means that should any issues arise with it, you will have what you need to get it sorted.

Some of the pictures were taken with the adjustable seat taken out so that you could view the interior better. A truly one-of-a-kind piece of machinery and something you will never again see for sale. I am moving to Washington, D.C. and think it is time to let someone else have the joy and enjoyment that I got out of it. The simulator is located in Southwest Florida (Fort Myers area). Asking $3,900 or reasonable offer.

00W0W_AXErMPywAH_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_efk6cfBAIXf_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_6zhJzxqV7oY_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_1IUTXQXILhI_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_1SHIPBfhoIQ_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_gwO45MXGmz9_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_bVVQxE0lGFZ_1200x900.jpg

00808_1ABw3jAsCiT_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_eKUmUDwBFJU_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_lzxagzjmYiP_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_84VQ9IOM4st_1200x900.jpg

That is simply awesome. Makes me wish my kid was young again...or better yet I was young again!

I've got to show this to my father in law. He's retired air force, had his pilot's license before he joined, and then went on to be a jet jockey for a few years after Vietnam.

That is simply awesome. Makes me wish my kid was young again...or better yet I was young again!

Haha, I know the feeling! Every time I'm around it I remember the hours upon hours I would spend in it pretending I was Maverick from Top Gun. I'll be sad to see it go, but I will never forget the memories.

I've got to show this to my father in law. He's retired air force, had his pilot's license before he joined, and then went on to be a jet jockey for a few years after Vietnam.

I was dead set on being a jet jockey myself. Unfortunately I ended up being freakishly tall at 6'5" so my height while sitting from the seat of my butt to the top of my head was an inch and a half too big to fly fighter jets. I would've been stuck flying cargo or commercial and that just never had the same appeal to me as going Mach 2 with my hair on fire. What's the saying? Anything fast enough to do something stupid in?

I wanted to fly a-10s. But a higher power thought it would be better if I were born blind in one eye, and therefore, disqualified to join.

That thing is so cool! I'd love to buy it for my son, but I've got an engine to build, and we just built a house so I don't think it's in the budget. I myself am a pilot, so he just naturally loves aviation, and I've been lucky enough to take him with me a few times when we are dead heading the plane. Very cool piece!

That thing is so cool! I'd love to buy it for my son, but I've got an engine to build, and we just built a house so I don't think it's in the budget. I myself am a pilot, so he just naturally loves aviation, and I've been lucky enough to take him with me a few times when we are dead heading the plane. Very cool piece!

I love hearing stuff like this. It is so important to share those experiences and passions with kids when they are younger. I don't think I appreciated it very much when I was a kid, but now that I am older, those are some of my most cherished memories.

Back