• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new to your site

alowfalcon

well I found your site via a few different links, but glad I found it. It's not a mustang but it is a ford, and as far as I know it shares the mustang platform. I'm going to start building my 69 falcon that's been in my family for a long time. I'm going to be looking for any info you all can share as to what would fit my car from a mustang with little to no modification. I was told once the 69 falcon is the same chassis as the 68 mustang. So if anybody has some dimensions I can cross check to my car it would get me started on the right track. thanks or reading. my name is eric

Welcome.

Falcons are more than welcome here.

I know the chassis are very similar, but not sure how dimensionally exact they might be. I assure you, somebody her can help with your questions.

Welcome aboard Eric, we LOVE Falcons around this place!! Post up some pics cause we're a visually impaired...I mean visual bunch. Best thing is that there will be FREE beer tomorrow and someone will be along with fresh, hot cookies.

I'd bet John (opentracker) would give you some answers.

good deal. Im not sure everyone will approve the direction I'm going. Looking to go with a strut style coil over front suspension and possibly an i.r.s. out back. maybe from a 03-04 cobra or late 90's t-bird. powered by a 4.6 or 5.4 carbed mod motor. looking to go the "g-machine" way.

"alowfalcon" said:
good deal. Im not sure everyone will approve the direction I'm going. Looking to go with a strut style coil over front suspension and possibly an i.r.s. out back. maybe from a 03-04 cobra or late 90's t-bird. powered by a 4.6 or 5.4 carbed mod motor. looking to go the "g-machine" way.

I got no issues with that "direction" I think its kick arse! Definitely get those pictures posted. We have member build board as well so you can document your progress.

no problem with pics. wont be starting till spring though. waiting for weather to break so i can build my shed and empty the garage to have room. trying to nail down the parts and info i need first.

that will be cool and I think John will be your new best friend! He has all the tricks for G-machines and he has a Falcon mule too. No other vendor will bend over backwards like John too. I don't have the dimensions for a Falcon but here is the chassis for 67/68 Mustang and Cougar... and hey welcome!
MGalleryItem.php

You people are AWESOME!!!!! That is what I've been looking for. Now I can compare to the car as soon as I get it home. sitting in storage now. For only being registered for less than 1 day and get the answeres i've been looking for already, I love it... Thanks a million. :ecit

cool, this site is great. It's growing fast too. A lot great guys and gals here glad to help each other out!

Welcome aboard Eric. That sounds like a wicked project you have planned. I cant see anyone here not approving of your build. Ask any questions you may have. Lots of experience on this board.

Welcome aboard, sounds like a neat project ahead of you. Talk to John at ORP he is knowledgeable on suspensions.

Im not sure everyone will approve the direction I'm going.....

This isn't a concours forum. Some of us have heavily modified cars.

My '66 sits on a one-piece 2x3" boxed channeled frame. Narrowed 9" 3.50 TracLoc with a parallel 4Link rear and a coilover MII front suspension. 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, EFI 347 with T-5.

We know a little bit about modifying cars. Welcome aboard!

"daveSanborn" said:
This isn't a concours forum. Some of us have heavily modified cars.

After looking around for a bit, I have noticed that. Deffinetly wont be loosing this site.

Back