• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Scoops are on!

mmw68

I finally got the car back, with the new hood scoop and side intakes. All pieces are from maier racing. My paint and body guy went all out and did a few other repairs and buffed out the car.

scoops.jpg

Before shot.

before.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My paint and body guys and I had a long conversation about side stripes. Iam torn... I did a quick photo shop - what do you guys think?? Too much??

stripe1.jpg

stipe2.jpg

i always recommend the "less is more" theory. keep it simple & clean. i think the scoops are a nice touch, but the stripes may make it a bit too busy & take away from the natural lines of the car. you don't want people to be so busy looking at all the extras that they miss the car.

That is an amazing transformation when you consider what little was actually changed. Well done sir!

I think you are on to something with a faint, almost ghost stripe.

Made some Side Scoop Grills today.. Added a little bling to the scoop. :pbj
scoopgrill.jpg

as others have said no stripes (looks too cluttered when there is a rocker panel molding). I'm not a big fan of changes from original, but looking at your pictures that's what Ford should have done.

Back