• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new key

pnandy

anyone with 07 and up get a ford fusion key that has the remote attached i just got one on ebay figured it would be nice to have a set of keys that didnt match the other 3 fords we have

hmm, how bout that :toot

I've got to get some backup sets of keys/remotes for the family vehicles (all fords of course, 98 to 00).

is there a cheap alternative to going to the dealer for these?

seems like when i looked into it before, it was like $60 for a new key and likewise for the remote.

The keys can be bought at any good locksmith, and I highly recommend that you get a third key: it takes two keys to duplicate the third.

Is your question about how to get a different remote fob, because they all look alike?

The key you are referring to is a good "upgrade" from the two piece remote and key. I was going to get one but never followed thru. At the time I was looking, the Fusion type keys with the self contained remote were going for stupid prices so I just gave up. Now, I may have to try again......thanks for reminding me I need to spend more money. :bash

"Midlife" said:
The keys can be bought at any good locksmith, and I highly recommend that you get a third key: it takes two keys to duplicate the third.

Is your question about how to get a different remote fob, because they all look alike?

referring to the programmable keys and remotes.
my Ford dealer rapes people for these and it takes them all of 10 minutes to program a new key or remote.

Back