• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Made my first cheesecake today

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
as a belated b-day cake for my step son who L-O-V-E-S cheese cake. It came out pretty fair with the exception that the cookie crust is a little too loose (i.e. recipe did not call for enough butter to hold it together). Oh well . . . we will choke it down some how.

I give anyone props for making cheesecake. I'm lazy and get either the cheesecake mix from a box or buy it already made. :lol

"Kats66Pny" said:
... the cheesecake mix from a box ... :lol
That's the only kind of cheesecake I EVER get around here... :rofl
I'm not sure my wife even knows that potatoes DON'T come in boxes, either... :wtf

Ah instant mashed taters! :lol I use to make those, then one day for no reason I just decided to buy a bag of taters and make the real stuff and been doing it ever since. No more instant kind!

My 24 year old son LOVES home made Cheesecake. I can't eat it for it makes me run to the johnny shortly afterwards... Buurrrppp!!!

"Kats66Pny" said:
Ah instant mashed taters! :lol I use to make those, then one day for no reason I just decided to buy a bag of taters and make the real stuff and been doing it ever since. No more instant kind!

Get brave and try growing them.
You dont even need a lot of room, you can fill a couple of old car tyres with dirt and grow them in there.
We grow all our own vegies and get nearly a full spud bag of potatoes each year

These are a can't lose for valentine day.
We use both cherry and blueberry toppings. The crust is vanilla wafers.
Bite sized heaven.

Attachments

• pour.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 9
  • tray.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 7
  • cake.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 9
"abrahamfh" said:
I need your recipe. Please fill us in or PM me if you don't want to share it with the masses.

Im flattered, Abe. I will post the recipe as soon as I get home next week. Thanks for asking.

Back